Sponsored by:

Rights regarding insurance approved repair centre or using your own

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2007, 04:11 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rights regarding insurance approved repair centre or using your own

I was involved in an accident just a little under a month ago, not my fault I was stopped on the motorway and somebody rear ended my forester.

Not too much damage done but dealing with the insurance companies after wards is proving a right PITA.

The insurance company I use, use another company to sort out all the legal issues and the repairs and there proving difficult to deal with.

First off they took ages, partly my fault as I was on holiday when this happened, and after a half dozen calls they phoned me back.

They have suggested a repair centre which is not only 20 miles away, but a repair centre which I have had the misfortune to have used before when someone smashed into the front of the wifes car. Up shot of this accident was I had to take the car back 5 times to get it sorted and even then it wasnt right and I had to get a local shop to finally sort it out.

So I am extremely louth to send my Forester there.

Am I within my right to refuse this as they are being really funny about me saying I dont want to send my car there, I spoke to them last week and they said they would return my call, they didnt. I have just phoned and have been told that because I refused their centre I would have to sort my own repairs out and then claim the money back from the insurance company I did ask for another company locally but the next centre was in Barnsley, i'm in Macclesfield. Plus they said I would have to take the car for inspection myself. Not on as i'm self employed and if i'm running about doing stuff the insurance company should be doing I aint earning any money

All of which I am not to happy about.

So my question is this are they jerking me about, or are they within their rights to do this?
Old 01 October 2007, 05:51 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem when some clown bashed my old beemer,i told em i only wanted a bmw bodyshop touching my car.
i had to get the bm dealer to do an estimate and send to insurance company,they then sent an assesor to check quote was ok and authorised repairs job done.