Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has this rattle and how did you fix it?

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2007, 12:20 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who has this rattle and how did you fix it?

Hi guys

I have an annoying rattle! Its coming from where the front passenger door and the dashboard meet just by the air vent. At first i thought it was the 2 panels slightly touching as it sounded like the rubber touching each other. I thought i could solve it by sticking a bit of foam on the side of the dash so when the door closes the 2 plastics wouldnt touch therefore the rattle would go, but no its still there!

Any further ideas??
Old 19 September 2007, 12:40 PM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cocker
Hi guys

I have an annoying rattle! Its coming from where the front passenger door and the dashboard meet just by the air vent. At first i thought it was the 2 panels slightly touching as it sounded like the rubber touching each other. I thought i could solve it by sticking a bit of foam on the side of the dash so when the door closes the 2 plastics wouldnt touch therefore the rattle would go, but no its still there!

Any further ideas??
Had my new STi into the local dealers about 4 times to try and fix these problems. Totally useless, didn't fix **** all and managed to damage my dash in the process. Even phoned Subaru Uk who were about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I have given up on rattles as you will never cure them in a Scoob, buy a louder exhaust and turn up the stereo
Old 19 September 2007, 04:00 PM
HPLovecraft
Scooby Regular

I have some rattles too from the dash which remained even after the garage I bought the car from had the dash apart to try and fix them. This was on a brand new WRX. I remember reading somewhere that some can be caused by the plastic wiring clips they use vibrating against anything they contact with.
Old 19 September 2007, 09:43 PM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

Are you sure it isn't coming from the window mechanism (put your ear by the inside door handle, with someone else driving!!). I have a really irritating intermittent buzzing from there which never seems to happen when the car's in the dealer!
Old 19 September 2007, 10:11 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..

I had that on my old WRX - gave up trying to find it, then when I got my new STI - low and behold - THE SAME RATTLE......... !! Same place, same noise..... go figure!!!