Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which guy on here fitted a silver prodrive mesh grille to his blue 06 hawkeye wrx?

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2007, 12:00 AM
drtchock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which guy on here fitted a silver prodrive mesh grille to his blue 06 hawkeye wrx?

because i have a matt black one for my 06 sti and need to know how to fit the top 3 pieces... its not easy thats for sure!! im getting the impression i need to remove the central grill section.. but this isnt easy.. the 2 plastic tabs at the top come out easily enough but the bottom ones are a nightmare! so if anyone could find me the post from the guy who fitted his grille that would be great, ur if he could reply to this post that would be even better! thanks!
Old 13 September 2007, 10:13 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

It does some off you just need to be brave, take the sides off first and get one hand behind the central grill and help it along by pushing it our with one hand whilst pulling with the other.
Old 13 September 2007, 02:41 PM
drtchock
Scooby Regular

thanks for the feedback! how do you get the sides off first though?? lol i thought u had to get the middle bit off first before you could get your hand around the reach the sides??
Old 13 September 2007, 02:52 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

ok, remove all the plastic clips from the top and gently pull, the top will come away relativly easily then with a bit more force the bottom should also, If the bottom does not come away wrap a flat screwdriver in a bit of material and slide it under the lower edge of the grill and use it to relese the clip, just be careful, I used an electrical driver that was preyy small.
Old 13 September 2007, 03:11 PM
drtchock
Scooby Regular

thankyou very much, will give it a go when i get home from work!