Sponsored by:

DN54 OPL Black WRX - Stolen - Stoke-on-Trent

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2007, 11:38 AM
rhys57
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DN54 OPL Black WRX - Stolen - Stoke-on-Trent

I woke this morning to find our MY05 WRX has been stolen. Our pride and joy.

We live in a three storey house they climbed to first floor and "popped" the french doors to the front. Straight into the kithchen and through the draws where we keep our keys. They also stolen PS3 and iPod on their/his/her way out.

The police tell me it was planned and we have been watched. Soco could find no prints.

We live in Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent.
Old 03 September 2007, 02:58 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

That fkin sucks!!
Old 03 September 2007, 04:38 PM
cos500
Scooby Regular

You must have been watched for them to know what flat, draw etc, or it could be someone you know or someone has overheard you in the pub, either way it sucks, feel for you mate.
Old 03 September 2007, 05:03 PM
tb_or_not_tb
Scooby Newbie

Have you got any pics or was it standard................ I live nearby I'll keep a lookout.
Old 03 September 2007, 05:15 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Thats not nice to know at all mate! Being watched like that

Good luck with the claim on the insurance mate, let us know how you get on.
Old 03 September 2007, 08:50 PM
SAH682
Scooby Regular

S**T I live in the area will keep my eyes open.

Gutted for ya mate
Old 04 September 2007, 09:17 AM
rhys57
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Folks.

Just had a call from Hanley Police and the car has been recovered to M.M Recovery in Liverpool. They found it parked up and all locked up without an apparent scratch.

As I have a Tracker this is what the criminals do. Nick it, park it wait 24 hours if no police come then there is no tracking device and the car can then be.....well, what ever they do with them.

I will now have to get the locks changed on the car which according Subaru Newcastle will cost around £400 + VAT. Theres also a recovery charge of £125.00.

We don't want it back now and will be swapping it for a less attractive car. But even that will not be simple as it will now have stolen & Recovered marked against it when HPI'd apparently.

Trending Topics

Old 04 September 2007, 11:09 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

If you do plan on keeping it, why not consider de-locking. Then you could get a blackjaxx alarm with maybe window security film. That would make you feel secure and be hard work for the scum.

It's bad when you have to change your car just because of other people.

Your case is pretty rare, so don't feel so bad.
Old 04 September 2007, 11:51 AM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Particularly as it's a WRX..!

Was this standard BTW..?

Are you certain they weren't just on a burglary and got lucky with the keys..?

An alarm on in the house is a must these days/nights..!
Old 04 September 2007, 12:46 PM
silverscoobyanimal
Scooby Newbie

Out of curiosity- what Tracker did/do you have on it? Good luck with re-insuring it!
Old 04 September 2007, 12:58 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear its back mate, but understand where your coming from wanting rid. But at the same time if you can get your head around it, dont let the *******s win!

Blackjax is definatly worth considering. Also an after market alarm. Common to get a Clifford, and swap all the buttons round so unlock is not what it appears.
Old 04 September 2007, 01:35 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

[quote=rhys57;7227901]Thanks Folks.

Just had a call from Hanley Police and the car has been recovered to M.M

So why didn't the police mount a watch to catch the B******S
Old 04 September 2007, 01:59 PM
rhys57
Scooby Newbie

We had a Tracker Monitor, and it appears to have done what its supposed to.

I wish now I had the same amount of security on my house as I do on the car. Lesson well learned a house alarm is to be fitted this weekend.

I've wondered whether they were lucky to find the keys or that was the reason for the break in. They only stole two other things and one of them, the ipod, was under the keys they used to get back out of the house. On top of the microwave were my digital camera, bank card and more cash. There is also a laptop on the dining room table.

The car is completely as purchased brand new from Subaru Newcastle. No mods, no satnav, nothing on show. Parked in same place every night on my drive for the past 2 years. We live on a small estate with only one access road. On the estate there are far newer and more valuable cars than mine and plenty of them.
Old 04 September 2007, 06:55 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

IMO they did just break in as a burglary, but once they found the keys they just did one, keeping what they'd already got and grabbing anything of value near.

Most house burglars will also take the car if they come across the keys. Believe it or not, in these cases it's better for the car not to be in the garage where they can load all your possessions into it under cover before driving away..!

Purely out of curiosity, how many other houses around you don't have alarms fitted..? Could this be the reason they targeted yours..? Even a dummy alarm box is a must..!
Old 04 September 2007, 10:32 PM
rdraper
Scooby Regular

Didn't think that you had a stolen recovered marker on the V5 unless they had paid you out for the vehicle.

Last edited by rdraper; 04 September 2007 at 10:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04 September 2007, 10:54 PM
Martin-STI
Scooby Regular

Should not show anything if HPI'd due to no claim.

I had my house brok in just for car about 3 months back. I was a work and got a call that car was about 100yards from my house.

Blackjax paid for it self there and then, plus I was lucky that keys had a Reward fob on and they were found another 100 yards away, so got them back too.

Now have internal door locks, security post and make sure disklok is always fitted. Gates going up on drive an Dog arriving soon.

Its my car and they are going to have to work hard to get it next time.

Scum the lot of them, why should you let some low life dictate what you drive??????????????
Old 05 September 2007, 09:33 AM
rhys57
Scooby Newbie

I would say there are more houses with alram boxes on the front than without.

When I get the car back would you have the locks changed on the car?

Subaru say it will cost over £500.00 plus VAT. My excess is £400.00, so if I had the locks changed I may go through the insurance. If I went through the insurance would this then go on the HPI report doe sanyone know.
Old 05 September 2007, 02:28 PM
Lucky Man
Scooby Regular

Don't wish to scare you but here is a brief version of what happened to me.

Feb 06 House broken into, we live in Alsager and keys 05 STI taken, tracker fitted and car located with panel damage in Liverpool (taken to M&m)

April 06 got car back

September 06 House burgled again (same MO) simm card removed from tracker £300 worth of calls made on this card before Tracker noticed! Car written off by Insurance later recovered and sold on as an Cat 2.

The guys responsible were arrested by Staffs police after an undercover operation, my car had been used in several robberies in the West Midlands

October 06 bought a new Fiesta ST these guys are only interested in 4 door fast saloons so we should be safe!

Good luck

Pete

Last edited by Lucky Man; 05 September 2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 05 September 2007, 09:09 PM
NAY TURBO 99
Scooby Regular

Default scum

sorry to hear that mate hope the car gets returned safely im in wolves but will keep my eyes peeled for you
Old 05 September 2007, 11:46 PM
***Jonesy***
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lucky Man

Feb 06 House broken into, we live in Alsager and keys 05 STI taken, tracker fitted and car located with panel damage in Liverpool (taken to M&m)

April 06 got car back

September 06 House burgled again (same MO) simm card removed from tracker £300 worth of calls made on this card before Tracker noticed! Car written off by Insurance later recovered and sold on as an Cat 2.

The guys responsible were arrested by Staffs police after an undercover operation, my car had been used in several robberies in the West Midlands

October 06 bought a new Fiesta ST these guys are only interested in 4 door fast saloons so we should be safe!

Good luck

Pete

And you call yourself 'Lucky Man'
Old 06 September 2007, 08:53 AM
xanderjones
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lucky Man

April 06 got car back

Good luck

Pete
Sorry to hear about your break ins, can't be nice and I can understand how it would put you off Subarus & the like. But my 2p is theives will nick anything, fast, 4 door or not. M3's are stolen and are only two door, as are Focus RS's. A guy at work told me a neighbour was broken into for the keys to his car, guess the car? 2001 Rover 25. Also watched Crime Watch once (was bored and nothing else on!) and saw bank robbers wielding a crowbar in some poor guys house for the keys to his Audi A3 TDI! So don't let this put you off having the car you want, because even if you drive a £50 Auction special, you've still got a chance it could go missing.