Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Playstation 2 ......I need one

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2000, 01:27 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this is not really the place but has anyone got a Playstation 2 that they are willing to sell. I've been told that my order won't get here until March and I don't really want to let my kids down if I can help it.

Sorry for taking the pi55
Old 11 December 2000, 01:33 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Old 11 December 2000, 01:33 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

There are some exchanging hands for extortionate prices on the internet.

Techtronics are selling them:
Old 11 December 2000, 01:44 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

i've got two psx2's for sale and can get more, email off list if interested, be sitting down when you check the prices tho.

current two are at £420, nearer 25th gets my suppliers are going up
Old 11 December 2000, 01:57 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys

Andy it's OK you can have that but thanks for the offer.

I'll try to get one from Techtronics......£420
Old 11 December 2000, 02:21 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

RB,

I was just being greedy, it's not like I have children to dissapoint!!!

Seriously, if Adam still has it, make him an offer. At least your kids will be grinning all over the xmas period, and hopefully you'll get some peace and quiet!!! (and a go on the PS2, when they're in bed!!!)

Andy
Old 11 December 2000, 03:28 PM
Oz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Don't bother yet...there's nothing worth getting at all at the moment. Very poor standard at the launch.

Things will (hopefully) improve next year when the developers get to grips with the thing better and some better games start to appear. But it is a tough platform to develop on and I think you'll suffer some poor games for the next year or so (except from the japanese companies who've had the hardware for nearly a year longer than anyone else).

In the meantime, I'm getting a Dreamcast because there's some cool games - Metropolis Street Racer, Shenmue, Soul Caliber, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, etc.

The console I'm REALLY looking forward to (both as a consumer and as a developer) is the Nintendo Gamecube. Gamecube will have brilliant games (Nintendo don't fail to deliver) and, in pure raw power, it should wipe the floor with PS2. Recent bench mark tests (calculated by drawing triangles with four textures, gourad shading, all effects on and four infinite lights) had the PS2 chucking out 3 million polys per second. The Gamecube chucked out 17 million.

Sorry to divert into techy mode. ;-) I just like the sound of Gamecube.
Old 11 December 2000, 03:40 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Angry

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RB170:
<B>Cheers guys

Andy it's OK you can have that but thanks for the offer.

I'll try to get one from Techtronics......£420 [/quote]

Thats 420+VAT!!!

Old 11 December 2000, 04:13 PM
Gaffer
Scooby Regular

I believe Steve Fossett may be willing to sell his!

Cheers

G
Old 11 December 2000, 04:30 PM
DavidRB
Scooby Regular

The technology of the Gamecube is irrelevant. The N64 was superior to the PS1, but by the time it arrived, Sony had the market sewn up. Even though the N64 was the best console of its generation, how many good games are there on it? There's no point in having the fastest graphics chip if there aren't any games.

If the Gamecube is to beat the PS2, it has to be available in large numbers before Sony sorts out its own distribution problems. It also needs some good games, not endless reruns of Super Mario Brothers!!

The Dreamcast has a few decent games at the moment, but a lot of distributors/games writers have already stated that they won't be releasing any more Dreamcast software as they're concentrating on the PS2 or the X-Box.

Like has been said on other posts, they can't sell Dreamcasts for £99 with three games, but people are willing to pay nearly £500 for a PS2 without any games!
Old 11 December 2000, 04:46 PM
Aero
Scooby Regular

It's a great machine (fantavision is bizarre but addictive, ttt, ssx both superb, time splitters hmm), but don't go giving some scally opportunist 100's of quid for it.

Wait until March, or even next sept when they're 150quid. Then you can have an ecu and a PS2...
Old 11 December 2000, 05:14 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm waiting until about 2 weeks after GT3 comes out before I'm getting one. It's the only game I'm really interested in at the moment, and though I *need* a PS2 I'm not paying well over the odds for one.

I'm going for PS2 for two main reasons,

a) my rather large (when mates are borrowing them) collection of games for PS1 which I'd like to use

b) DVD capability. Tenuous one this ,given that I've heard both bad and bad things about the PS2's dvd playing ability. Put it this way, I'd have to run one against a Wharfdale I can get my hands on to see which is better, and then decide if I want it as a glorified dvd player.
Old 11 December 2000, 06:23 PM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It might be worth having a look at e-bay or an auction site along those lines if you're desperate. Don't even want to think what sort of prices they'll be going for on those though

Kelvin