Old 02 September 2007, 01:19 AM
scuba steve
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with question

Hi all new member
Just sold my first jap car mitsubishi fto gpx mivec after a year and a half
It was my pride and joy.
Untill i had a go in my mates subaru impreza sti and the blend of practicality and handling power and sound won me over.
So as you can guess i bought one.
Not knowing a lot about them i went in blind and just wanted your views.
I bought a 1995 wrx in white it has done aprox 90.000 mls runs spot on but needed new front discs and pads and rear pads service and cambelt whitch i have just done it is compleatly standard and clean other than bumpers could do with a re spray as there not as tidy as the rest of the car.
I payed 3500 for it is that about right ?
CHEERS:
Old 02 September 2007, 03:08 AM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scuba steve
Hi all new member
Just sold my first jap car mitsubishi fto gpx mivec after a year and a half
It was my pride and joy.
Untill i had a go in my mates subaru impreza sti and the blend of practicality and handling power and sound won me over.
So as you can guess i bought one.
Not knowing a lot about them i went in blind and just wanted your views.
I bought a 1995 wrx in white it has done aprox 90.000 mls runs spot on but needed new front discs and pads and rear pads service and cambelt whitch i have just done it is compleatly standard and clean other than bumpers could do with a re spray as there not as tidy as the rest of the car.
I payed 3500 for it is that about right ?
CHEERS:
Helo and welcome, sounds a bit on the dear side for a 95 wrx, but if you are happy with it thats all that matters.
Old 02 September 2007, 03:47 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

All Scoobs are virtually bullet proof unless abused badly or tuned by idiots! £3500 is not bad if its a clean WRX. You can get cheaper but most are cack! Welcome to Scoobynet!
Old 02 September 2007, 05:08 AM
cos500
Scooby Regular

If its been looked after and is in tidy condition then £3500 is about right, as above there is cheaper but you get what you pay for.
Old 02 September 2007, 10:52 AM
scuba steve
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys
I thought i had payed top dollar for it but bought it local and traded my fto in for it cos i was struggling to sell it .

Was also wondering are wrxs worth spending money on at 1995 m reg or dont you get any more for them when it comes to selling?

Would i be better off buying a newer one for a few grand more rather than spending it on this one?

What do you guys think ?
CHEERS
Old 02 September 2007, 11:11 AM
cos500
Scooby Regular

Doesnt matter what car you drive mate, you will never make your money back when you come to sell if you've spent £££ on mods, only really throw money at it if you are going to keep it then when you do sell take all your parts off, sell them seperate then sell the car as standard, it will shift much quicker as most people will look upon modifications as a sign that the car has been thrashed.
If you make sensible mods like changing wheels, spoilers, brakes, suspension etc for good quality uprated items, keep it clean and well serviced you will have as much fun in it as any newer model and not suffer the depreciation.
Just enjoy it.