Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody traded a silver N reg WRX in lately?

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2007, 05:00 PM
craigmk2crx
Scooby Regular

Location: nice quiet village just outside Huddersfield surrounded by lovely A & B roads
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody traded a silver N reg WRX in lately?

Hi

a mate from work has just bought an N reg 4dr silver WRX with anthrasite alloys & high level spoiler

Now i've not had a close look at it yet but from our works building window is looks really tidy.

He bought it on Saturday from a garage in Bradford. He's was given quite a few bills etc with it, mostly from Scoobyclinic. Also got a dyno print out for about 280bhp.

Now he was told the car has had 1 UK owner & has been in the UK 1 yr. I'm basically seeing if i can get hold of the previous owner cos he's having some problems with the car & wants to know if the problem was there when previous owner traded it in or sold it or whatever he did with it

The problem he's getting is that when he gives it some throttle & gets to 5k rpm it starts to judder/splutter & generally run like a s*ck of sh*t

Now i've already lectured him about it cos he didn't give the car a proper test, he was all in love with the looks & would've prob bought it even if the engine was in bits in the boot

Now this next thing has got to be the most stupid thing ever. I told him to get in touch with the garage & take it back but he just said he'd rather pay out for the work himself cos they seemed dodgy!!

He's not bothered if previous owner knew about problem, the garage should have sorted any known issues before they sold it on.

I'll edit & add the car reg when I get it off him tonight at work

Craig
Old 30 August 2007, 06:31 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

If he's bought it from a dealer, I believe that the dealer has to resolve the problem or return the money as the goods are not suitable for the intended purchase. If he was sold the car as "Sold As Seen" by a dealer, it makes no difference, I would suggest he gets in contact with the seller immediately to get it resolved.
Old 30 August 2007, 07:14 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I agree with the above poster. Buyer beware does not apply when you are buying from a dealer. As long as he has a receipt from the dealership then they are the ones that have to sort it...supposedly.

If they are small and go bust, then its harder to get your cash out of them, if not impossible.
Old 30 August 2007, 08:14 PM
craigmk2crx
Scooby Regular

Location: nice quiet village just outside Huddersfield surrounded by lovely A & B roads

Yeh i've already told him he's within his rights to take it back but he doesn't want to!! He says he thinks they seem a bit dodgy & would prob bodge fixing it

I told him my Evo was doing a similar thing a couple of months ago at around 5.5k rpm. Turned out it was the actuator that was buggered & was overboosting causing fuel cut.

I've said that could be a possible problem with his WRX, or maybe a fueling or ignition problem. Gonna try again at talkin him into calling them. I even thought about just calling them myself just to see what they say just to help him out

TBH I think he was daft buying a Scooby in the 1st place. They're a brilliant car, i've had 1 myself & was going to get another until I spotted my Evo for sale. Trouble is he's not that well paid & he used to moan about mpg he got with his Punto HGT. Doesn't help that he thrashed it everywhere.

I've really had to lecture him on the importance of warming & cooling engine properly cos of the amount of times he's just nailed the Punto straight from cold out of the works car park.

I think he'll just struggle with running it. If owt goes wrong he's buggered. He's already said he's skint after buying it. IMHO when you buy cars like Scoob's/Evo's etc you should at least have a few £100 sat in bank as back up.

Craig
Old 30 August 2007, 09:13 PM
mrangry
Scooby Newbie

SOUNDS LIKE THE PROBLEM I HAVE HAD WITH MY 2000 MODEL IT WAS A COIL PACK THAT ATTACHES TO THE SPARK PLUG AND AT HIGH REVS IT WAS BREAKING DOWN NORMAL DRIVING WAS OK. THINK THERE ABOUT £70 AND EASY TO REPLACE YOUR SELF BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE SMALL HANDS. PROBLEM IS NOWING WHICH 1 IT IS AS AT £70 YOU DONT WANT TO BUY 4. WHAT I DID WAS GET MY MATE TO REV ENGINE AND LISTEN TO ONE SIDE THEN THE OTHER. THE GUESS WHICH ONE TO REPLACE I GUESSED RIGHT 1ST TIME LUCKY REALLY. IF IT DOESNT GO THEN SWAP IT TO THE NEXT AND HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BE YOUR PROBLEM
Old 31 August 2007, 08:44 AM
killerscoob
Scooby Regular

He did'nt buy it from a trade called "Smart Wheels" did he?
Old 31 August 2007, 11:18 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by craigmk2crx
I think he'll just struggle with running it. If owt goes wrong he's buggered. He's already said he's skint after buying it. IMHO when you buy cars like Scoob's/Evo's etc you should at least have a few £100 sat in bank as back up.
Add a 0.

Just give him a figure on cost to fix (no doubt others here have had the same thing) and that'll scare him, hopefully into getting the dealer to sort it.

He says he won't because the dealership are "dodgy", then why buy off them in the 1st place?

I think there's something he's not telling you, either that or he's very stupid.

Trending Topics

Old 31 August 2007, 11:34 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

on that age of car probably coil packs breaking down, also regapping the spark plugs to .6mm / .5mm may help as well.

Keighley Motors arent in Bradford are they? (sits and waits for someone to say they are in Keighley)
Old 31 August 2007, 02:00 PM
craigmk2crx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
on that age of car probably coil packs breaking down, also regapping the spark plugs to .6mm / .5mm may help as well.

Keighley Motors arent in Bradford are they? (sits and waits for someone to say they are in Keighley)
They're in keighley

Wasn't them tho. Not sure if I can actually mention the name on here. I know when stuff like this has happened before on other forums & somebody as publicly bad mouthed a trader the post/thread gets locked very quickly.

Oh & it's also not Smart Wheels.

Craig