Sponsored by:

PRODRIVE SPORTS CAT

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2007, 04:30 PM
DJC75
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRODRIVE SPORTS CAT

If I was to fit the Prodrive back box and sports cat from the PPP to my otherwise standard WRX, would a remap by essential, desirable, or unnecessary?

Thanks
DC
Old 28 August 2007, 05:31 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

I would say desirable, bordering on essential. You should get a bit more power without a remap, but would be unsure whether it would be fuelling safely. With a remap, you'd get plenty more bhp and be safe.

I assume you are referring to the sports cat from the STi PPP, not the decat centre from the WRX (new age).
Old 28 August 2007, 05:36 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

As above.

Or you could fit the BB alone, if you just want a nice noise (I have one, although with decat, deres centre, decat up-pipe, Ninja sports pipe, remap etc).

Oh, and another thing, my bank balance is in the red !

Andy Mc
Old 29 August 2007, 11:17 AM
SKS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJC75
If I was to fit the Prodrive back box and sports cat from the PPP to my otherwise standard WRX, would a remap by essential, desirable, or unnecessary?
DC,

Assuming this is a new age WRX we're talking about and the sports cat is the STi PPP version, would be precious little point in doing this (from a performance point of view ) as you'll still have 2 rather restrictive cats still in place with the std WRX pipework - cat in the up-pipe and 3rd cat fitted between the down pipe and centre section.
If these are still in place fitting your two PPP bits will give you a nicer exhaust note and maybe a little more flow but won't free up much power or necessitate a remap while these other cats are still in situ.

If you're going to remap anyway, get a decat up-pipe (either STi for less ££s or a good aftermarket pipe - avoiding some of the cr4p on fleabay!) and 3rd cat delete pipe fitted too. This will allow a lot more flow and along with the remap should see an increase somewhere north of 40bhp (265+ bhp depending on supporting mods) while still being emissions legal and passing MOTs without feckin' around changing exhaust bits .
Likewise if you accquire these bits and fit them, the increased flow of the system as a whole will see you run the risk of running lean without remapping.

A remap (IMHO) is always desireable .
A remap with the just the parts you have would be unnecessary.
A remap with the exhaust decatted except for the sports cat DP would be essential.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Stewart.
Old 29 August 2007, 02:17 PM
DJC75
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm really just after a replacement back box, but I know someone who's selling the PPP parts cheap due to a major upgrade. Just wondered whether I could bolt on the sports cat too. I'm not too interested in de-catting and remapping, so will probably just look out for a back box instead.

Cheers
Dave