Sponsored by:

Clutch Problem

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2007, 12:28 PM
[MikeyB]
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problem

Hi all, can anyone help with a clutch problem I have...

Did around 400 miles yesterday, all moderate driving, nothing serious, all of a sudden, I changed gear from 2nd to 3rd, not harshly, and I felt the clutch bite point move to the very bottom of the peddle...

Now, I can hardly set off in first gear without some serious clutch slip and judder, and the bite point is at the very bottom of the peddle.

The car is undrivable, the clutch is an AP organic and has only been in for around 2,000 miles and I have never launched it on the new clutch.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
MikeyB
Old 27 August 2007, 04:21 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

I have stated before that I'm not an expert, but, if you have a hydraulic clutch, it sounds like a leak. Maybe Master or slave cylinder. Check the clutch fluid level. It happened to me on an old Toyota and I replaced it myself, but have no idea if it's the same system on a Scoob.
Old 29 August 2007, 01:17 PM
[MikeyB]
Scooby Regular

Cheers Mark, the car is booked in at HDC Subaru (Hebden Bridge) tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's only a cylinder or something.
Old 29 August 2007, 02:10 PM
D1CCY
Scooby Regular

Sorry Mikey but it sounds like a bit of driven plate has broken off and got jammed. Happened to me at Elvington last w/e (uprated clutch with 16k on it, not AP). Tried to limp it down to Scoobyclinic yesterday but it failed completly on the way and I had to get the AA to take it the rest of the way on a trailer. Gonna cost you a new clutch and it might have damaged the flywheel. At only 2k miles I'd have a serious chat with your supplier/AP. Trouble for mine is that I was ragging it on track so I have little comeback other to insist to find out why it failed and that the manufacturer gets an embarrassing call.

Last edited by D1CCY; 29 August 2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Grammar, not much better at second try
Old 29 August 2007, 06:32 PM
[MikeyB]
Scooby Regular

Don't like the sound of that D1CCY, I've not given this clutch any stick what-so-ever...

Fingers crossed! ...?