Sponsored by:

Terrible Garage Aaaaarrrrgggghh!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2002, 12:52 PM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Don’t know if we are allowed to name names, so I won’t. However there is a certain Subaru garage in Kendal that at the time of writing this I would advise that you stay away from.
I have my Scoob and company car serviced by them. Just before Christmas the cam belt let go on the company motor. This item should have been replaced at the last service. I quote, ”we didn’t know when it needed changing, ‘cause it’s not a make we normally do.” Oh well that’s alright then, ooh look as we speak the valves are all straightening themselves out. I pointed out to them the servicing schedule in the handbook, which itemises then belts that seed adjusting/replacing at the various services. After pointing this out they agreed to carry out the work FOC. However, when I came to collect the vehicle I was presented with a bill for replacing the cam belt! I quote, “ well you see you weren’t charged for this at the last service.”
Should I send them a bill for my time for going back and forth to the garage over Christmas and the New Year?
Whilst all this was going on there was still the saga of the squeaking Scoob front wheels. I took the car to them some time ago, they diagnosed the problem as worn front pads, all of these were replaced, and I was given a bill of £150. Two days later and the squeaking had returned, and then it went, came back, went again, and then returned worse than ever. So foolishly I said to the garage that they should look at it again, and that I would leave it with them when I collected my other car. This duly happened, the car was looked over and it was decided that it was the rear pads this time, despite the fact that the noise was coming from the front! The pads were replaced and then the phoned me. “ We’ve cured the problem, it was the rear pads. Mind you, the rear discs are corroded so you’ll need some new ones.” So let me get this straight, you’ve put new pads on knackered discs which you are telling me need replaced? What is going on?
Do you think that I will get a refund for the front pads, which were obviously not faulty?

Your thoughts please.
Old 05 January 2002, 12:57 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you think thats bad garage? try listening to the So Solid Crew .
sorry couldnt resist.
seriously mate it sounds like they need to sort their act out.
I'll get back to collective now.
astraboy.