Sponsored by:

Message for CJEN....

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2000, 06:19 PM
Rikki23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Craig

Just wanted to say thanks for the wheels. They came today (Friday). I think that they were supposed to come yesterday but the TNT delivery man could not find my road!

I've had a look at the top one and it is in superb condition so if the others are the same I will be very happy.

I am in a bit of a quandry...I was anticipating there being less tread on your tyres and swopping my old ones on to the new wheels and your tyres on to my old wheels and using my old ones for track with your tyres. But seeing as there is some tread left I don't know whether to use them out on the road. I wonder if I could use the tyres for the track after they become to bare for road use or whether they are dangerous in that condition (being almost slicks). In fact I might post a message asking if anybody has done this.

Thanks again

Rikki
Old 08 December 2000, 07:33 PM
CJEN
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Rikki
Glad you like the wheels. Sorry for the delay, still at least they got there in time for fitting on Saturday. The tyres are not the best in the wet, good in the dry. I would put some good wet tyre on considering the winter weather. Send me a picture when you have put the wheels on.
Thanks
CJ
Old 08 December 2000, 11:46 PM
kurtw
Scooby Regular

Wink

Rikki

Wahey! You've got some new rims???

Are they the Superturismos?

Regards
Kurt
Old 09 December 2000, 02:57 PM
Rikki23
Scooby Regular

Hi Kurt

No I couldn't afford the Super Ts at the moment. They are the cold STI 5 spoke 16". I had them fitted this morning and they look really nice IMHO.

If my football is cancelled I shall be at Aylesbury tomorrow. Is there any chance that you could bring your camera and me bring a floppy so that I can get a couple of pics to keep?

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Regards
Rikki