Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrading a PPP Sti to TSL333/other?

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2007, 06:20 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading a PPP Sti to TSL333/other?

Hi,

I am thinking about upgrading the power a little on my 05 STi which currently fitted with the PPP kit. I think I am achieving quite good figures from the current setup however I have started to get used to the Prodrive setup and I am finding area's where its a little lacking.

I have been reading up on the TSL333 pacakge on TSL's website and it looks very comprehensive however I wanted opinions from people who have had this kit.

1. What kind of figures did you achieve?
2. Was the car more or less driveable?
3. Did you opt for the Pulse Extraction Exhaust.. if so, did the sound affect the trademark burble (yes, I love the UK car's burble!) and more importantly, how did it perform?

Or... If anyone recommends another package like Powerstation then let me know, I want something that can improve on the PPP kit and my budget is £2k max.

After that lot I will be concentrating on the handling package (probably Tein's or AST's and whiteline bits).

Cheers,

Fz
Old 09 August 2007, 06:59 PM
alpha charlie
Scooby Regular

Interested in this too, i sent an email to TSL last week about the PPP to 333 pack but havent had a reply as yet.
Cheers
AC
Old 09 August 2007, 09:11 PM
sherlock
Scooby Regular

Have you thought of one of these kit's from power station? They fit the stage 3 to the type 20/25, so can't be that bad!

Last edited by sherlock; 09 August 2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09 August 2007, 09:13 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ppp to tsl 333 is only £850+ VAT IIRC
Old 10 August 2007, 09:52 AM
Anderooo
Scooby Regular

I had a PPP to TSL333 package about 4-6 months ago. My car is a 2003 STI (8), I had the Group N backbox fitted as well so the price was a little bit more than quoted in this thread.

The difference is just staggering, the drivabilty is just on a different planet. Instead of running out of go at 5,000rpm like my old PPP map did, it now pulls none stop until the rev limiter says no more. There is no dip in power just pull all the way through in every gear. No more changing down to over take cars.

I haven't had it roaded since the map so no idea what the power output is. And to be honest I don't actually care as it can't be as bad as the 289bhp it made before it was done. How the car drives is so much better the power is enough what ever it actually is.

I didn't get the PE exhaust, just a resonator center section and the backbox changed, and the noise is superb. Still has the same noise that is slightly deeper on tickover with a nice roar on full throttle. Certainly nothing that will give you a head ache on a motorway as that was a high concern of mine. It is just a fraction louder than the prodrive backbox while crusing on the motorway and that wasn't loud to start with.

Very suprised about no reply AC, I had several discussions with them over e-mail and they were really prompt with replies. In fact I would recommend the place without a doubt, the staff were excellent very friendly.
Old 10 August 2007, 10:50 AM
alpha charlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Anderooo
Very suprised about no reply AC, I had several discussions with them over e-mail and they were really prompt with replies. In fact I would recommend the place without a doubt, the staff were excellent very friendly.
Cheers matey, if i wasnt in the gulf i'd ring them, i'll drop another email tom and if nothing back from them ring on my return in a few weeks.
Cheers
AC