Sponsored by:

Andy F remap on the 3rd september

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2007, 06:09 PM
***Jonesy***
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Andy F remap on the 3rd september

WOOOHOOOO finally got round to booking in for him to fit and map my apexi ecu. Cant wait. few questions tho:

1. Andy says I should invest in a boost controller to make the most of the apexi as the wrx waggon has a rather low boost limit as standard. Is this safe and how much should I be looking to pay for a half decent one? Also is it a DIY job to fit, or best left for a garage to do?

2. What psi do you think he will take it upto on the td04 turbo?

3. Will I see a BIG increase in performance with the standard td04 (with full decat and panel filter) or should I take the plunge and buy a better turbo before I go? (either andys td04 hybrid or a second hand MD304 vf22 hybrid)

4. Will I really need to 'take some brave pills' lol as my mates have told me its a scary ride with him??? (sounds like fun to me tho!!!!!)
Old 27 July 2007, 09:46 PM
LEUVEN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ***Jonesy***
WOOOHOOOO finally got round to booking in for him to fit and map my apexi ecu. Cant wait. few questions tho:

1. Andy says I should invest in a boost controller to make the most of the apexi as the wrx waggon has a rather low boost limit as standard. Is this safe and how much should I be looking to pay for a half decent one? Also is it a DIY job to fit, or best left for a garage to do?

2. What psi do you think he will take it upto on the td04 turbo?

3. Will I see a BIG increase in performance with the standard td04 (with full decat and panel filter) or should I take the plunge and buy a better turbo before I go? (either andys td04 hybrid or a second hand MD304 vf22 hybrid)

4. Will I really need to 'take some brave pills' lol as my mates have told me its a scary ride with him??? (sounds like fun to me tho!!!!!)
1.Apexi AVC-R boost controller (well worth it), DIY if you can solder a couple? of wires to the loom for the ECU between £200 and £300 IIRC.

2.never owned a TD04

3.I would get a bigger turbo, maybe there are one or two mods you could do too before you remap. (have a chat with Andy about it)

4.No, not scary atall in my experience, Andy is sensible and a nice chap too (if you do end up getting scared then maybe you should have sold the scoob and got a pushbike )

5.You will most likely be very happy with the results, especially if you do a few mods like turbo, AVC-R etc..

6.Expect your fuel usage to go up a bit for the first few weeks at least, as you "enjoy" your "new" car.

7.Expect to come back, mod the car over the next few months and end up booking him for another remap.