Sponsored by:

MOVING TOO OZ

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2007, 05:25 PM
gordy wr1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOVING TOO OZ

just back from oz was there for 3 weeks moving over next year about april time can anyone tell me where i can get a s204 or ra r or even a nice 22b too take with me as there isnt much other than normal sti in australia?

either that or i get a holden gts with a supercharger over there 550hp at wheels some machine
Old 26 July 2007, 06:41 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have just been over to see my sister in Brisbane and have to admit I mainly saw skylines about + the Holdens you would be better importing direct from Japan when you settle there or get your impreza from new zealand.
Old 26 July 2007, 07:13 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

but don't they have an even worse regime over there with regards to speeding. What is the point in having all that power if you are not able to use it?

I think I will start to learn German, that seems like the only real solution if you like driving fast cars fast.
Old 26 July 2007, 07:26 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car

Luminous from what I saw over there they didn't give a toss.
Old 26 July 2007, 07:30 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

hmmm, then maybe there is a plan hatching in my mind too....its is a long way to go to visit to test the waters on several different occasions though
Old 27 July 2007, 03:04 PM
gordy wr1
Scooby Newbie

Default speeding

im just back from oz got warned for speeding in the camper van lol u dont realy see much cops but especially out of town i go too germany each month and its great dont know how there isnt much more crashes but took the wr1 over a few times now its sold hired a clk convertible managed 245km out of it flat out totaly crazy. u see some crazy cars over there especially near nurburghring

gordon
Old 27 July 2007, 03:14 PM
lestippp
Scooby Regular

I'd wait till you get there and then decide what you want to do. There are some amazing ute's and cars over there that are well worth a look and would be every bit as good as an impreza if not better. The choice of V8's is great
Take one out to the country and give it a blast watch you don't run out of tarmac though as a lot of the roads change to dirt as you approach the "outback" areas, still great fun though
You don't see alot of police in the country areas but they are there

Trending Topics

Old 28 July 2007, 04:20 PM
scooby276blue
Scooby Regular

sorry mate to be losing you to the oz's but hope you enjoy your self down under, and you find the car you are looking for,hope to see you still on the net when you move, to see how things are going,
Old 28 July 2007, 05:23 PM
markr1963
Scooby Regular

If you tried to bring in RA, 22B or whatever you'd have 2 problems:
  1. getting it through the door at all - they won't let everything in including (if I was told the truth) Bugatti's Veyron
  2. If you do get it in the country you're likely to be hammered for import duty. When I moved out here enquiries were made to bring my wagon which, at the time, was worth about 10-12K. It would have cost me roughly the same again in import duty

So, you could get a stock STI and for about AUD4K get it tek3'd (inc zorst, fuel pump etc) like a some of the locals do. As already mentioned there's a lot of Skylines. Then there's the V8s You can get a stock 297KW/398BHP HSV ute FFS. Then stick a supercharger on it if you reckon you'll need it

Traffic cops and such: Varies from state to state. Here in WA there's things called multinovas that are mobile cameras, cops withs hand held radars and highway patrol (marked and unmarked) with something like VASCAR. On a WA driving license you accrue demerits of varying severity depending on the offense and when you did it. I **** you not these guys have 'double demerits' on public holidays and such.

I have heard that Victoria franchise out speed cameras to private firms. Not good IMO.

Also, legality of speed camera detectors/Jammers<cough> garage door closers</cough> is state specific. WA is ok at the moment but not in VIC and NSW.

Until very recently you could hire yourself the fastest **** you could find and drive it to the max with impunity in the Northern Territory. Alas, this is no more.

Yes, there's less chance of being caught out in the sticks - normally. Again, here in WA there's been a boat load of fatalities in rural areas and the police are actively targetting these areas.

<rant>
A real big problem over here is that kids who pass the driving test can immediately drive your supercharged GTS, though more commonly, a 10 yr old PoS with a 5 litre engine and no handling or brakes. They then have an appallingly regular habit of wrapping said PoS around a power pole/tree/something equally hard then die. Worse still is the attitude of the young 'uns to think that seatbelts are a waste of time. Last night this happened
</rant>

All of that said, there's some might fine roads out there and not all have cops on them . Watch out for Skippy and his mates though.

In case you're wondering. Everything considered, I'm happy to be in Perth, WA.

Mark
Old 28 July 2007, 06:34 PM
gordy wr1
Scooby Newbie

Default perth

its perth im planning too go too aswell just back was there for 3 weeks loved it what car u drive now?
Old 28 July 2007, 10:38 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

What I did find over there in the country was the amount of bush junk on the roads if you aint got roo bars on yer knackered plus what was said earlier you can go from tarmac to dirt road within seconds quite entertaining all in all if I didn't have kids I would be over there now I love the place, plus there laid back attitute to everything is second to none.Im back there in 2 years time for 8 weeks travelling from sydney to Brisbane in a motorhome.
Old 28 July 2007, 11:03 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Roo bars lol .... that made me laugh....

As with most things, the advice I give is wait till you get there and then sort it through a local importer.

I have moved to the Netherlands and, believe me, they rape your arsehole raw on the price of new cars!
Old 29 July 2007, 12:11 AM
spireite
BANNED

you gonna need one of these
Old 29 July 2007, 09:24 AM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Old 29 July 2007, 09:34 AM
markr1963
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gordy wr1
its perth im planning too go too aswell just back was there for 3 weeks loved it what car u drive now?
MY06 STI in crystal grey