Sponsored by:

A big thank you to Nick @ Gaugeplace

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2007, 07:15 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A big thank you to Nick @ Gaugeplace

Hi folks. I just wanted to make you aware of a 'diamond geezer' that goes by the name of Nick Gilchrist. He is the owner of Gaugeplace. I have dealt with him a few times and after just doing another deal and being completely, totally and utterly bowled over by his amazing customer service I wanted to share my experience as people like this deserve recognition IMO.

Initially I bought some oil sensor adaptors off him earlier this year and although it wasn't for much money at all, he took my emails/phone calls and went to great lengths to make sure they were right for me and that I was happy with them. When one was on back order he kept me updated on what was happening etc. Again, this was a small order, nothing expensive at all where it would have been in his best interests to 'keep me sweet'.

Roll forward to the last week or 2 and I decided to can my god awful Swoosh gauges that turned up either not working or incomplete and never worked a day in their lives in the car basically. I contacted Nick about the Stealth 3 white 60mm gauges that he had. I knew they were on back order curently but asked about them all the same as fluffy was going in to the mechanics shortly and the would have the oil pump etc off, prime time for fitting the senders/adaptors etc.

Nick gave me frequent updates on exactly when they would be making it into his hands, confirmed he would send them directly to the mechanics and refused to take a penny off me until I was happy (I am not saying everyone expect this from him! ). Fast forward to end of last week and the mechanics really seemed to want to use an OE oil pressure sender instead of any aftermarket one. I explained this to Nick and he sent across a spare Autogauge oil pressure gauge and the aftermarket senders for both temp and pressure so that the mechanic could experiment. I was bowled over by the trouble Nick was going to. At the end of the day these gauges were going to cost me no more than about £150 for the 3, so he wasn't making Defi profit margins on them! Just to give you an idea of how helpful he is, my current purchase from him has entailed 23 emails between him and I!

Now I saw mailshot at the weekend that the new Stepmaster gauges had come in and may well be changing to them. Great prices and quite frankly the best customer service I have come across in I can't remember how long.

This isn't an ad in any way, I am not getting any freebies or kickbacks, I wanted to publically say thanks and give Nick some free publicity that he really, really deserves. Also I believe that it is beneficial to us all to know when places like this exist.

cheers,

Nick .

Last edited by Mr Footlong; 23 July 2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 23 July 2007, 08:21 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

had dealings with him myself
superb service
Old 24 July 2007, 11:42 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Yep .
Old 24 July 2007, 05:21 PM
collierm
Scooby Regular

Good guy, was patient and helpful with me when I ordered mine which were on back order. Even helped me on the phone when I fit the things wrong the first time

Definitely use him again!