Sponsored by:

Inconsiderate people in a car park

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2007, 03:10 PM
Jenn2007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inconsiderate people in a car park

OK, this is my first post, not a great way to introduce but just wanted to rant a bit.

I make sure I park very carefully in a car park, my kids get fed up as I try out new spaces for size and space. Anyway I parked today, came back to my car to find a person loading herself and kid into the side nearest my car. I very nicely went up and said " you do realise your door is hitting the side of my car" to which she replied "it has a rubber strip (her car) so shut up(or some dribble to that effect". Was I wrong to point out she was damaging my car (I have a Forester STi) her husband said that I shouldnt park in a car park if I loved my car that much. Yes I do love my car but does parking in a car park give someone the right to damage your car ! Anyway I am fuming, more so because I allowed myself to be dragged into her rant. Thank you for listening !!
Old 07 July 2007, 03:32 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

I would have probably said something worse if I came back to my car and someones door was resting on mine!
Old 07 July 2007, 03:32 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

You should have given her car a kick then said its ok i have rubber soles on my shoes.
Old 07 July 2007, 03:48 PM
Jenn2007
Scooby Regular

Isnt it always the way, you think of just the right reply after you have left !! Some people are just plain loopy though, I wasnt having a go at her I pointed out her car door was jabbing my car every time she leant in. But her husband put me right, apparently I will never amount to anything and need to get a life, well at least I know now !

Just out of interest and because they were obviously from Planet Zogg, can nutters track you down from your number plate etc, (A bit of a worrier me!) admittedly having a personal plate on the car will make their lives easier??
Old 07 July 2007, 03:58 PM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

typical, then you wonder why so many people want to park in disable/mother-baby spaces... designers- make car park spaces bigger please!!!!!! hope you cars not damaged..
Old 07 July 2007, 04:13 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Yes you can get details of car owners name and address from the dvla it costs £10.00 anyone can do it .
Old 07 July 2007, 04:16 PM
gljam
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dantastic
You should have given her car a kick then said its ok i have rubber soles on my shoes.
exactly what I would have done

Trending Topics

Old 07 July 2007, 04:22 PM
Jenn2007
Scooby Regular

No there was no damage to my car but I think that was more luck than anything else. As I said I was pointing out to her that her door was knocking against my car but thankfully she hadnt swung it open onto it.

I dont know it just really wound me up because she couldnt see the point I was making and then was all defensive, she said she had to swing her door wide open as it was a large door (was a two door car), OK I know that can be the case, but I make sure I hold the handle of the car and would squeeze myself into the car rather than hit the car next.

Do you think people would spend the £10 through the DVLA and cause problems or am I over reacting ! I didnt swear or shout, I made my point but they were very angry.
Old 07 July 2007, 04:28 PM
rb5 jeff
Scooby Regular

Jenn use these bays... they are much wider and are designed for people who like the car they drive...
Old 07 July 2007, 04:30 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Originally Posted by dantastic
Yes you can get details of car owners name and address from the dvla it costs £10.00 anyone can do it .
Forgive my interjection but I question the validity of this statement and request you confirm this...
I am concerned that a government body would profit from breaching the data protection act in such a way.
If it so, I shall write to my local MP.

Many Thanks

Old 07 July 2007, 04:36 PM
rangerblue
Scooby Regular

had same problem other day,just bourght a new set of jewl side indicators,and some nonce opend his door hitting it and scuffed one !!
Old 07 July 2007, 05:03 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Simple solution. Buy a second car (We have a 1.0 Micra) or don't park in car parks, if I absolutely have to take the Scoob into town I always use a parking meter
Old 07 July 2007, 05:13 PM
Jenn2007
Scooby Regular

I dont want to have a second car, I did for a little while but juggling them on and off the drive was so much hassle. Hard one really - dont see why I shouldnt drive the car I love but on the other side dont want to see it damaged by people who are so inconsiderate, this person today thought that it didnt matter as her car had rubber strips and therefore she could hit my car without damaging it, so guess I am never going to win when people think like that. I am calming down now.... deep breathing and a water fight with the kids seems to make it all disappear, although I know I will be worried next time I go in the car park !
Old 07 July 2007, 05:44 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

The woman is a complete b*tch and the huisband is a complete w*nker!

Wasn't a TESCO's car park was it????
Old 07 July 2007, 05:51 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jenn2007
I dont want to have a second car, I did for a little while but juggling them on and off the drive was so much hassle. Hard one really - dont see why I shouldnt drive the car I love but on the other side dont want to see it damaged by people who are so inconsiderate, this person today thought that it didnt matter as her car had rubber strips and therefore she could hit my car without damaging it, so guess I am never going to win when people think like that. I am calming down now.... deep breathing and a water fight with the kids seems to make it all disappear, although I know I will be worried next time I go in the car park !
Easy solution here, park across two bays

BTW Welcome

Ant
Old 07 July 2007, 05:55 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Should have gave her husband a slap. Teach them both some manners.
Old 07 July 2007, 06:04 PM
fbladerrv900
Scooby Regular

There are some really rude people out there, dont be intimeidated by these commoners.

I came back to my scooby one time in a car park to find a baby having his nappy being changed on my bonnet because the scoop made a good brace for the kid.to hold on to..

I went fooking mad at her, she pissed her pants and went off crying( i wasnt proud )but thats my car you know....

Im sure they woulnt bother to find your address....
welcome
Old 07 July 2007, 06:05 PM
Jenn2007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
The woman is a complete b*tch and the huisband is a complete w*nker!

Wasn't a TESCO's car park was it????
Funnily enough it was, in High Wycombe - why could you hear them screaming at me from where you were ?
Old 07 July 2007, 06:06 PM
pvtpyle
Supporting Member

YouTube - Car Fight- Malcolm In The Middle- Killing In The Name

Point exactly
Old 07 July 2007, 06:51 PM
Jenn2007
Scooby Regular

That is the funniest thing I have seen today !!
Old 07 July 2007, 06:55 PM
Jenn2007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fbladerrv900

I came back to my scooby one time in a car park to find a baby having his nappy being changed on my bonnet because the scoop made a good brace for the kid.to hold on to..

welcome

Thank you for the welcome.

You just wouldnt believe some one would do that !!

I dont know if I am just being paranoid about my car and maybe I need to take a chill pill !
Old 07 July 2007, 07:08 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

It comes with the territory of owning a Scoob, some folk are just jealous thats all. I think we`ve all experienced it in some format or another.
Anyway don`t let some mindless incident (idiot) put you off Subaru ownership.
The world wouldn`t be the same if we didn`t let off a bit off steam from time to time. We would all wander round like ticking time bombs.

Ant
Old 07 July 2007, 08:07 PM
count duckula
Scooby Newbie

Maybe is was Karma!

Maybe you did something naughty previously in you life like soak a school kid in a deep puddle !?

Are you sure the car was not damaged? It sounds pretty beaten up anyway

Malc
Old 07 July 2007, 08:30 PM
Jenn2007
Scooby Regular

Malc - I wont even go there !! HOWEVER have thought that maybe your boost gauge is connected its just that your car is so poor in power that it doesnt even register on a plus side your stereo is alright!!!

Malc aka as Count Duckula is my brother who drives an Inferior version of my car so abit of sibling jealousy, please excuse him !!!
Old 07 July 2007, 08:37 PM
helium3
Scooby Regular

OK, this is my first post, not a great way to introduce but just wanted to rant a bit.

I make sure I park very carefully in a car park, my kids get fed up as I try out new spaces for size and space. Anyway I parked today, came back to my car to find a person loading herself and kid into the side nearest my car. I very nicely went up and said " you do realise your door is hitting the side of my car" to which she replied "it has a rubber strip (her car) so shut up(or some dribble to that effect". Was I wrong to point out she was damaging my car (I have a Forester STi) her husband said that I shouldnt park in a car park if I loved my car that much. Yes I do love my car but does parking in a car park give someone the right to damage your car ! Anyway I am fuming, more so because I allowed myself to be dragged into her rant. Thank you for listening !!
i see this alot when i go to the asda,and can safely say i would have put my size 12 into her/his door panel with the response you got.im not a tough guy but that would have pushed me over the edge.
Old 07 July 2007, 08:51 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

You get none of this shopping at Aldi or Lidl as the people who shop there can't afford cars so you get a whole car park to yourself

I'm past caring abobut door dings etc, it happens so many times that the murder rate would go up in this area if I let it get to me that much

You should have give them both a slap really though
Old 07 July 2007, 08:52 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Funnily enough it was, in High Wycombe - why could you hear them screaming at me from where you were ?
. . I thought I did hear something . . .

. . . . . May I politely suggest Waitrose in future!
Old 07 July 2007, 09:13 PM
Jenn2007
Scooby Regular

Definitely will be avoiding the Tesco car park in future !! but also because I worry that they will see my car and hit it on purpose, I couldnt even tell you want car they were driving other than it was an N plate and silver or light green. So no Waitrose or Sainsburys here I come...
Old 07 July 2007, 09:19 PM
bec010801
Scooby Regular

I tend to park as far away from the shop as possible and use two spaces. But for some reason this can act as a weirdo/chav magnet and you come out of the shop with a Nova/Saxo parked next to you
Old 07 July 2007, 09:42 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fbladerrv900
There are some really rude people out there, dont be intimeidated by these commoners.

I went fooking mad at her, she pissed her pants and went off crying( i wasnt proud )but thats my car you know....

welcome
I came out of kfc to find my spoiler being used as a table for some dopey cow looking back I should have driven off and laid waste to her food all over the car park.

Quick Reply: Inconsiderate people in a car park