Sponsored by:

PPP downpipe - MOT no probs

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2007, 12:47 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile PPP downpipe - MOT no probs

MY01 WRX with a Prodrive high flow sports cat passed MOT with no issues at all.

Thats the only cat on the car and after 5mins warming it up easily passed the MOT emissions test. I knew it would, but there's always that thought as the probe goes it ( )

Car is mapped pretty much to it's safe limit on the standard injectors and TD04 turbo.

Just one question.
MOT'er was reluctant to brake test it on the 2 wheel brake roller thingy as he didn't know if it had a full LSD (diff - not the hullucinagenic drug). So he did a full inspection while I sat 10ft up on the ramps pressing the brakes and a road test and after peeling his face off the steering wheel announced there's bugger all wrong with those
Old 25 June 2007, 06:49 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by funkyspider
MY01 WRX with a Prodrive high flow sports cat passed MOT with no issues at all.

Thats the only cat on the car and after 5mins warming it up easily passed the MOT emissions test. I knew it would, but there's always that thought as the probe goes it ( )

Car is mapped pretty much to it's safe limit on the standard injectors and TD04 turbo.

Just one question.
MOT'er was reluctant to brake test it on the 2 wheel brake roller thingy as he didn't know if it had a full LSD (diff - not the hullucinagenic drug). So he did a full inspection while I sat 10ft up on the ramps pressing the brakes and a road test and after peeling his face off the steering wheel announced there's bugger all wrong with those
found yourself a rare thing there mate, an MOT garage that understand not too put a scoob on the brake rollers! had a hell of a job convincing mine to use the box meter (tapelow i think it's called) basically was getting in the car to drive out before he backed down

know what you mean about MOTs and nerves, you see some right 5hitboxes roll out with a ticket and yet come it's first MOT i know i'll be thinking mine will fail on something