Sponsored by:

windscreen balls up

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2007, 06:42 AM
sirp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windscreen ***** up

had my MY00 Classic screen replaced today. I was not present, and when i got my car, well, its not quite right!

Autoglass did it. Screen is fine, but the top trim is a right load of cack. The colour looks grey, so i assume its not true Scooby part. It does not sit flush along the top either.

I have told them to do it again, and been told they now have to wait 1 week for it to fully dry before they can remove screen again!

Should i get my own trim from Subaru, will it differ? Or can i insist they get a different top trim? They said they used subaru parts.

any thought, advise appreciated.
Old 01 June 2007, 06:51 AM
stevet350
Scooby Regular

i had the same deal last year mate they can remove the screen after a day they did it on mine
the top trim and clips are about £25 quid and needs to be fitted at time of glazing and buy subaru m8 anything else will not work i already tried
and they will need to replace the clips on the side rails that run up over the roof make sure they do m8 because they never on mine and it came off scratching paint etc and the rail costs 80 quid to replace best of luck it was a nightmare get sorted
Old 01 June 2007, 08:06 AM
sirp
Scooby Regular

did Autoglass do that to you also... a week did seem long..but he said its due to the custard like gunk underneath. He said if they lift it up, when its wet, it can cause damage to other parts of my interior!

side clips have been replaced, thats done. Are you saying, when they remove it again, they will have to change the clips once more?

i think i will ring Subaru myself today and get the bits myself if they wont.
Old 01 June 2007, 09:26 AM
stevet350
Scooby Regular

yes it was auto glass mate they made a right mess get the dash covered up and tell them to get it done the clips will deffo need to be replaced with new ones my screen leaked as well in the end i got all the parts from Subaru and went to another fitter they did a mint job nightmare over
Old 01 June 2007, 09:47 AM
Bailey73
Scooby Regular

As a glazier for Autoglass's opposition I can assure you that they are correct with regards to leaving it 1 week for the glue to set - if you try and remove the screen before that time it can become very messy and can stain roof linings and pillar trims.

I understand from ex colleagues of Autoglass that they do only use genuine parts, some trims do come coated in a white powder to protect them whilst in their plastic bags this can give a greyish colour to the trim.

In defense of Autoglass I know they will correct any problems that there may be.

Hope that helps.

Darren
Old 01 June 2007, 11:29 AM
sirp
Scooby Regular

thanks for the replies

Bailey, its hard to tell, but this trim just seems a bit too grey and flimsy to be like the original, i will double check with subarau on part numbers i think.
Old 01 June 2007, 11:48 AM
sirp
Scooby Regular

here are the part numbers on my invoice, can someone tell me what they are, and if they are genuine scooby bits? Car is a UK MY00 4 dorr.

7915AGN
7915ASCHS
7915ASMHT
PSER00400A
PSER01226A

thanks for any help