Nearly came back but went to the drakside instead

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2007, 08:59 PM
ScrappyDoo2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nearly came back but went to the darkside instead

Hi all,

After selling my 52 WRX with 320ish bhp I've been hankering for the fun factor again. I chopped the scoob in for a nissan pathfinder (very nice but never drive it).

Matters weren't helped by neighbour after neighbour buying scoobys and the sound gave me the bug again!

Considered getting a full fat this time - STI or even a gold top - Spec C but went out in an Evo IX FQ360, sh@t my strides and ordered on the spot. Sales guy even let my younger brother have a blast giving him shaking legs in the process.

I know there are umpteen different varieties of scoobs and evos with a plethora of setups etc but I have to say the evo blew me away. Power delivery is ferocious and it feels like there is no lag whatsoever. I spent thousands on turbos, exhausts, fuelling upgrades charge coolers etc but still thought my car felt poor below 3.5-4k rpm. The evo just feels like how joe public who has never driven a quick roadcar probably imagines an impreza or an evo would feel.

Still sounds naff next to the scoob, and I also prefer the steering feel in an impreza, but as a fast, out of the box grin inducing car the evo has it.

PS - I know the evo has a bit more power but 35bhp isn't enough on its own to account for the night and day differences between the cars. Also between the 3 of us the evo was carrying over an extra 300kgs and still felt loads more potent than the impreza.

**** running costs and soul less sound I agree, some also argue it's too clinical and does too much for the driver - it may well do, but at the end of the day I'm spending MY money to get a special car that feels special to drive

Last edited by ScrappyDoo2; 31 May 2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 31 May 2007, 09:06 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Well, you're doing allot to justify your crime there mate, if it was the right choice for you, then that's all you need be concerned with.

Never been an evo fan, but I hope you love it, when are you getting it?
Old 31 May 2007, 09:11 PM
ScrappyDoo2
Scooby Regular

Thanks buddy, getting it in just over a week in silver (only colour left, bit sick of silver but it is dead practical - YAWN!)

Would also have felt a bit daft getting another scoob to start back at square one with the mods - my old one had everything, body kit, wheels, AP 6 pots suspension engine upgrades - the lot. I always said I was going to get another once they brought out a new body shape rather than yet another facelift but f@@k me I wouldn't touch that POS they've designed this time, toal disappointment
Old 31 May 2007, 09:16 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScrappyDoo2
. I always said I was going to get another once they brought out a new body shape rather than yet another facelift but f@@k me I wouldn't touch that POS they've designed this time, toal disappointment
I hear you on that score, compared to a trash can let alone the EVO X the new Subaru design is absolutely poo!!!

For me would have to be the face-lifted classic saloon (I have this) or a blob eye, oh and blue. Nothing else in the land of Scoob for me... 22B being my ultimate...

Last edited by riiidaa; 31 May 2007 at 09:25 PM.