Sponsored by:

STi Viewing

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2007, 09:49 AM
Big_Papa_T
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi Viewing

I'm going to view a 53 plate STi this weekend and was looking for some advice. The car has 44K miles on the clock with full Subaru history. Is there anything in particular that i should look out for? The owner says it has the PPP is there any real way of confirming this when viewing? I realise at the 50K service the cam belt gets replaced, how much do Subaru usually charge for this service? Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Scott
Old 25 May 2007, 10:21 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the cambelt service done on my MY2003 STi PPP and it came to just under £400 although this was done @ Mocom racing and not a main stealer.

The PPP should involve a blue Prodrive intercooler pipe which shhould be visable from the rear of the turbo. A uprated fuel pump, if you take the carpet out of the boot there should be written on the floor of the boot PPP or similiar on the inspection panel which the fuel pump sits under & most importantly the owner should have the certificate from Prodrive saying where and when the PPP was fitted. DO NOT purchase the car without this as it is almost impossibe to get another one from Prodrive/Subaru
Old 25 May 2007, 10:23 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The PPP should have come with a certificate.

Look out for a knocking noise coming from the suspension struts. Usually occurs first on the rear offside for some reason. If this car hasn't had the struts replaced yet i would put money on it either already having or soon to have this problem.

I personally wouldn't buy one without FSH either.

As for servicing i go to a an ex wroks Prodrive rally specalist who is far cheaper than Subaru. Will be pleanty more out there.