Sponsored by:

have u bought car on ur own????

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2007, 09:08 PM
gurner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have u bought car on ur own????

basiclly thinking of going to look at a wrx k reg on me own had a sport impreza before,,,engine leaked oil and learnt few things from that thinking of lookin at the car on own cant get any one to travel the distance with me i no better to have some one with a better knowledge but bloke seems genuine and car is still limited to 112mph has quite few mods new clutch last week wid reciepts so seems owner still spends money on it so seems worth it..any advice for things to look out for/common faults that get hidden ????any advice or info hugely apreciated.......
Old 06 May 2007, 09:18 PM
gljam
Scooby Regular

to be honest it's always best to take someone to give an impartial view, even if they don't know much about cars just to point out things that may be glaringly obvious. I've gone to look at cars before, checking out all the small, quirky little things, only to miss a dirty great dent and a bad touch up on a rear wing It's all to easy to get blinkered by shiny bits and your heart and miss potential problems.

it also gives you a witness to any deals you do with the seller, and if your mate wanders round the car looking knowledgable (even if it's just blagging it) it can put the seller off guard and he/she may be more willing to divulge more information about the car.

put up a rough area of where you plan to view the car and someone on here may be willing to tag alsong and come and view it with you
Old 06 May 2007, 09:23 PM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Default ..

i bought my scooby on my own,11pm at night, i didnt even test drive it or take a look under the bonnet, just handed over the cash and drove it home (was too
excited) luckily nothing was wrong with it lol, but id definately advise taking someone with knowledge of imprezas as they have alot common faults...
Old 06 May 2007, 09:24 PM
gurner
Scooby Regular

great info cheers any one free around taunton tuesday night????????????????ha
Old 07 May 2007, 11:12 AM
turbomatt
Scooby Regular

Dont go to view it at night mate, common sense really you need to inspect it properly in daylight as the night time can hide a multitude of flaws.Make sure it has service history(a must with scoobs),check for any repaired damage,you could be buying a deathtrap.does it need new tyres? take your offer price into account if it does.Has it had a recent cambelt change? if not get it done when you buy it, also take this into account with the price.If the car has been warmed up when you go he could be hiding something bad.Look out for smoke coming out the exhaust if so walk away.Get a hpi check - do it on your pc before you go(costs about £15 online). make sure the car feels right when driving ie. no nasty knocks also does it drive in a straight line? finally make sure your 100% confident about the sale.If it dosent feel right then walk dont be blinded by the car and just be patient if it dosent feel right.Theres loads of scoobs for sale and its a buyers market, one WILL come uop eventuall y
Old 07 May 2007, 11:25 AM
gurner
Scooby Regular

sorry not looking at night meant evening 6ish....in going to make sure its got its import documents and its got english s/h and going to make sure its cold when see it like you say and check purely for oil leaks........
Old 07 May 2007, 11:37 AM
gurner
Scooby Regular

also the owner does not have the import documents from japan but can give name of garage that imported it......still ok or bad....??????????