Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever crashed'had their car crashed while mapping

on the road

Just wondering
Old 01 May 2007, 06:56 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Or has anyone ever been caught speeding whilst mapping/having their car mapped?

I know some of the speeds that have been 'carried out' whilst mapping
Old 01 May 2007, 07:06 PM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

what a good question
Old 01 May 2007, 11:09 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Well I didn't crash during the remap

TX.
Old 01 May 2007, 11:18 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

I certainly never either, if you did though it has to be down to you really. When i was getting my car mapped on the motorway with the best mapper around MR Rawle, he told me when to put my foot down and took me up to the red line in 4th but if i spotted a potential hazard then i slowed down wether he wanted me to or not. He was adamant that the traffic came first, and before you all harp on about how i was breaking the limit i dont give 2 hoots, we all bought subaru,s because they are quick and if anyone bought one to potter round the shops in then your a muppet.

People have crashed more cars whilst perving on lovely young ladies in skimpy clothes in the nice weather than whilst getting there cars mapped, i can more or less gaurantee that.
Old 01 May 2007, 11:19 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
People have crashed more cars whilst perving on lovely young ladies in skimpy clothes in the nice weather than whilst getting there cars mapped, i can more or less gaurantee that.
Isn't that true
Old 02 May 2007, 10:35 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by moneys
I certainly never either, if you did though it has to be down to you really. When i was getting my car mapped on the motorway with the best mapper around MR Rawle, he told me when to put my foot down and took me up to the red line in 4th but if i spotted a potential hazard then i slowed down wether he wanted me to or not. He was adamant that the traffic came first, and before you all harp on about how i was breaking the limit i dont give 2 hoots, we all bought subaru,s because they are quick and if anyone bought one to potter round the shops in then your a muppet.

Another customer of Mr Rawle here!

Raod mapping isn't anywhere near as hair-raising as some would suggest. Most of it is done in 5th gear with partial throttle inputs to test the car at .5 and 1 bar. There are a few WOT in 4th runs, but these are brief and are ONLY conducted when traffic permits. Any decent mapper e.g. Bob will tell you to only follow his instructions IF it is safe to do so. You're the driver, it's your responsibility.

I found the whole experience very calm and methodical.

Ns04

Trending Topics

Old 02 May 2007, 11:18 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cookstar
on the road

Just wondering
Does this mean we gotta be on the lookout for ya on the 414 when u get yours back then Cookie ?
Old 02 May 2007, 11:19 AM
thomsop
Scooby Regular

I would have thought (being a newbie) that the mapping was done on a rolling road/dyno. That's certainly how my bike's ecu/power commander were set up. Would never have considered that it would be done on the open road.
Old 02 May 2007, 11:49 AM
Clubbi
Scooby Regular

There are some folks who think that the only way to map a car is on the road, as thats where they will be driven (unlesss a track only car). When my last Sti was mapped, 99% of the map was done on the rollers, and then the map was checked and tweaked on the open road.

I aint no mapper but I think its to do with real life cooling airflow and actual load, rather than forced air from fans and load from the rollers, which aint exactly the same as the real thing.
Old 02 May 2007, 11:53 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When my Cossie was remapped a few weeks ago I didn't go out in it First chance I got to drive it was on my way home
Old 02 May 2007, 12:03 PM
Big_Dan531
Scooby Regular

People have crashed more cars whilst perving on lovely young ladies in skimpy clothes in the nice weather than whilst getting there cars mapped, i can more or less gaurantee that.[/QUOTE]

my m8 did this last night
Old 02 May 2007, 07:12 PM
mwilliams
Scooby Regular

When i was getting my car mapped on the motorway with the best mapper around MR Rawle, he told me when to put my foot down and took me up to the red line in 4th but if i spotted a potential hazard then i slowed down wether he wanted me to or not.

Kin ell thats a risky one! Don't get me wrong, i'm not a member of the 'don't drive your fast car fast' do gooder brigade by any means. But red line in fourth, if I remember right from giving mine a good bootfull, is knocking on for the 120mph mark. Need eyes everywhere while that parts being done. Otherwise it'd be hello Mr fantasticlly mapped car, goodbye Mr driving license. DVLA will keep it in Swansea so long it'll come back with a welsh accent!
Old 02 May 2007, 07:16 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B0DSKI
Does this mean we gotta be on the lookout for ya on the 414 when u get yours back then Cookie ?

Mine will be mapped before i get my hands on it
Old 02 May 2007, 07:19 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

got my wrx 06 mapped with Zen and i loved the drive out in it with him doing his thing, great fun, had no issues
Old 02 May 2007, 07:22 PM
wrx_yank
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
got my wrx 06 mapped with Zen and i loved the drive out in it with him doing his thing, great fun, had no issues

same exact thing here, well, had a few close calls during WOT motorway mapping....is exteme braking a term?

maybe paul from zen, or clive atthowe or another tuner could chime in here? surely they have been exposed to it more than anyone?
Old 02 May 2007, 07:49 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Im sure some of the FASTER cars cant be done on the road tho..... airfield jobbie if you ask me....
Old 02 May 2007, 10:28 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

After some light modifications I sat in the back of my car whilst API David drove my car with Pat mapping. It feels like you are doing warp speed from the back as the trees flash past...marvellous. Highly recommended!