Sponsored by:

Graham Walker Ltd in Chester

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2007, 02:18 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Graham Walker Ltd in Chester

Ive just been looking at their website and they seem to have so very nice Impreza's for sale. Any ody bought from them before. Experiences?????
Old 25 April 2007, 02:50 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I bought my Classic from them in August 2005. Cars are a bit over priced but mine did have full Subaru service history. Was supposed to have 2 new tyres fitted on the front but found out 4 weeks after buying the car that they had fitted part worn tyres, not new as I requested.
I had an indepentant check done on the car before I bought it which was well worth it.
Old 25 April 2007, 02:51 PM
thomsop
Scooby Regular

I was in touch with them about 6-8 weeks ago when I was deciding what car I wanted.
Their new cars are imports from Cyprus (or Malta, can't quite remember which) UK spec but don't come with alarm/immobiliser or locking wheel nuts.
Didn't buy from them in the end so that's about all I can say
Old 25 April 2007, 02:53 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Never bought a car of them but got my bodywork repaired and a new spoiler on the insurance with them. Not great but OK. As stated do seem to be rather pricey!
Old 25 April 2007, 03:09 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I bought mine from there in 2005.

I phoned in advance to confirm I would be coming down to view 2 cars from their website after work one evening. We turned up half an hour before closing, saw one we liked and asked for a testdrive. You would have thought I had asked to take a turd in the showroom the looks I got I was allowed two laps of the Deva Stadium as a test drive...woohoo!

They gave me an expected price on mine and the financials were OK, but the extras I wanted fitting were over market value. That said, I wanted them doing, so paid the premium...

It took them 3 weeks to go to the DVLA and sort out the plate transfer. I always choose to pay the extra for part exing and dealer purchases to get these things sorted smoothly but 3 weeks to nip to the DVLA office and swap plates??
The manner of the salesman I dealt with was abrupt, unpleasant, partonising and annoying. He couldnt wait to tell me how rich and special his boss was "Mr Walker wouldn't be a millionaire with a boat and driving a *insert sports car here* from selling bad cars would he?" etc....

I know there was a P1 in there at the time I bought mine which had its own thread on here due to problems when the independant inspector showed... But thats the only bad press I have seen on them...

So in summary:

I havent had one problem with mine since I bought it, so I would say they normally sell quality, at a premium, with an attitude... HTH

Last edited by Abdabz; 26 April 2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Would I use them again? No.
Old 25 April 2007, 03:42 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting to read that people think they are overpriced. I think the current stock are near enough on the money (for a dealer)

04 WR1 18.4k
04 STI 14.5k
03 STI PPP 14k (ok i give you this one)
54 STI 14.5k
Old 25 April 2007, 06:28 PM
h4rry
Scooby Regular

Would have to agree with the majority above in the fact that they are overprice, i looked at a few scoobs in there and bought one amonst exactly the same with less milage and a full service carried out before i took it away for almost 3k less than graham walker.

My mate bought an evo 6 for £10995, good condition tbh but there was pleantly of other about for under 10K in the same condition.

They are very abrupt with you also, i mean, i was only 22 when i bought mine last year and they seemed to think i had no chance in affording one or even insuring one.

Personal experiances means i wont be going back there even though some of the cars in there are awesome.

Trending Topics

Old 25 April 2007, 10:23 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Pesonally I wouldn't bother buying off a dealer like these as I can't see the benefits.

The warranty wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on and they are always overpriced. Imo it tends to be the hasty people that buy from them, and those that won't travel for a better deal. There are are loads of cracking deals to be had from owners on hear and other Subaru based sites.

I haven't any personal experience with them but they don't appear to have a good rep.
Old 26 April 2007, 05:43 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

I know there was a P1 in there at the time I bought mine which had its own thread on here due to problems when the independant inspector showed... But thats the only bad press I have seen on them...

think it was a 22B