Sponsored by:

look what someone did to my scoob

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2007, 07:39 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry look what someone did to my scoob

was driving home this morning from a 12 hour night shift. down a straight road, minding my own business. WHACK! someone t-bones me off a t-junction to the right of me. apparantley, when looking left and right, he didnt see me and pulled out forcing us both to brake sharply, but not avoiding a collision.

damage to the car is as follows...

front d/s wing fubared along with paint
front drivers door fubared along with paint.
drivers side rear door scratched too ****.
not sure on any "internal" damage, but car drives fine when crawling.

his car wasnt so lucky. full front bumper hanging off, smashed headlight and fubared n/s wing.

obviously his fault, and even worse, hes a mate of mine too. didnt realise until he got out of his car... a rover 414.

so i called my insurers up and explained whats happened. waiting for a call back regards a statement, as im obviously claiming off his insurance as this aint gonna be a cheap fix.

anyone know how much it could cost his insurers, as id be gobsmacked if hes not found liable considering he pulled from a t-junction into me.

luckily no injuries, just in a little shock as it brought instant flashbackls of my serious rta last year.

any advice welcome as what to do. happened about 6.10am this moring on grange lane north where east common lane meets it for those who know the area in scunny.

my poor poor car.... not a write off surely?

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 24 April 2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: shaking a little so spelling not very good
Old 24 April 2007, 07:43 AM
flakey
Scooby Regular

Sorry about the scoob mate, i would have a word with the guy who did it and get him to cough up for the damage.
Save the hassle of going through insurance..
Old 24 April 2007, 07:45 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flakey
Sorry about the scoob mate, i would have a word with the guy who did it and get him to cough up for the damage.
Save the hassle of going through insurance..
he hasnt got that kind of spare cash mate. only works nights in a b&q warehouse. honest enough though, so i hope he doesnt try any funny business. you think my cars ok to drive as theres no damage i think to the wheels or drivetrain. looks worse than what it is. thank god for 4 pots!
Old 24 April 2007, 07:51 AM
flakey
Scooby Regular

Don't look to bad, but i'd keep it off road until fixed, you never know what might be wrong with it, nothing more than cosmetic damage i hope!!
Old 24 April 2007, 07:55 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flakey
Don't look to bad, but i'd keep it off road until fixed, you never know what might be wrong with it, nothing more than cosmetic damage i hope!!

im buggered i need my car to get to work etc. it drove ok from the scene of the accident, about 1 mile away from my home. will have a word with my insurers as im supposed to be going to see an orthopaedic surgeon today in doncaster.
Old 24 April 2007, 07:59 AM
flakey
Scooby Regular

Drive it if you feel happy with the drive, doors and wing damage is all it looks like really.

Yhm!
Old 24 April 2007, 07:59 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

you are not having much luck these days mate...sorry to see that
It does look like purely cosmetic though, I doubt it would have done any internal damage. but best bet is to get it checked over and let the insurance companies sort it..fairly cut and dry case I think

Trending Topics

Old 24 April 2007, 08:04 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
you are not having much luck these days mate...sorry to see that
It does look like purely cosmetic though, I doubt it would have done any internal damage. but best bet is to get it checked over and let the insurance companies sort it..fairly cut and dry case I think
aye. he kinda amitted he didnt see me, was broad daylight etc so no adverse weather conditions.

been in touch with jase at scoobybits and they do insurance work so wwaiting for the ball to start rolling now.

andy
Old 24 April 2007, 08:10 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

dont forget to make sure that your/his insurers have scoobybits down as a recommended repairer. They probably dont, but you as the customer have the right to choose which company you want to get your car fixed.

Jase would have to submit an estimate and as long as it is competative, then you could get it done by them.

Jase (or any good bodyshop), should be able to look at the damage and assess any structural problems if any.
Old 24 April 2007, 08:13 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

dont forget to make sure that your/his insurers have scoobybits down as a recommended repairer. They probably dont, but you as the customer have the right to choose which company you want to get your car fixed.

Jase would have to submit an estimate and as long as it is competative, then you could get it done by them.

Jase (or any good bodyshop), should be able to look at the damage and assess any structural problems if any.
gonna hopefully speak to him today, if not then on friday at worst. im waiting on a call back from the insurers as i recieved the out of hours number at 6.30 this morning lol. so will mention it to them then about scoobybits.

andy
Old 24 April 2007, 08:20 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
gonna hopefully speak to him today, if not then on friday at worst. im waiting on a call back from the insurers as i recieved the out of hours number at 6.30 this morning lol. so will mention it to them then about scoobybits.

andy
Claims dept of most insurers should be open from 8.30 onwards.
Yes, mention scoobybits, but they wont do anything until they have an estimate in their hands, faxed or emailed from scoobybits. they may also ask you to get an estimate from their approved bodyshop.

Then you have to let them talk to the other insurance company etc etc and so it can drag on. However it does differ from company to company, so you could be back on the road in no time. Its driveable I am guessing so get the estimates done today if possible.

HTH
Old 24 April 2007, 08:30 AM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Not good mate, Don't have much luck with cars do you. Did it catch the front wheel? If not it should be ok to drive. Ask his insurance for a courtesy car while yours is away being fixed.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Old 24 April 2007, 08:32 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Claims dept of most insurers should be open from 8.30 onwards.
Yes, mention scoobybits, but they wont do anything until they have an estimate in their hands, faxed or emailed from scoobybits. they may also ask you to get an estimate from their approved bodyshop.

Then you have to let them talk to the other insurance company etc etc and so it can drag on. However it does differ from company to company, so you could be back on the road in no time. Its driveable I am guessing so get the estimates done today if possible.

HTH
lucky in that i have today off, so if possible il get jase to work out an estimate for me. gonna need new doors, wing and spray work. dunno about owt else.
Old 24 April 2007, 08:36 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bottle of T-Cut will sort that ............. drive it if you think it is roadworthy (or, if in doubt, get a new MOT on it)
Old 24 April 2007, 08:40 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Clearly the other bloke's fault........... so I would just put it through the insurance. You can get a hire car when yours is in for repair, paid by his insurers

Andy
Old 24 April 2007, 08:47 AM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Tell them you want a car off them until yours is fixed,have another word with him by the way,if you have a mobile with record on it ask him about the crash and get him to say it was his fault,then if he says it wasnt his fault you will have it recorded on you phone,just to be safe
Old 24 April 2007, 09:05 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blu scoob
Tell them you want a car off them until yours is fixed,have another word with him by the way,if you have a mobile with record on it ask him about the crash and get him to say it was his fault,then if he says it wasnt his fault you will have it recorded on you phone,just to be safe

Thumbscrews work well.
Old 24 April 2007, 09:10 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Just take it to a local garage that you trust, get it up on the ramps and have a look. Even if they charge (depends how busy they are) its not going to be much to get a back street mechanic to take a really good look (£20).

Double check your wheels for damage, if there is some then things could be more serious, ie steering/ suspension damage. Otherwise it just looks cosmetic, so less than £1k if you don't use a rip off merchant (all imo of course)
Old 24 April 2007, 09:27 AM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

If he admits liability from day 1, then you can have a like-for-like car replacement.

When my S2000 was smacked into, I had a 3.0L Z4 for 3 months

Speak to PCH (who I used) - as long as he admits liability (and his insurance comnpany confirm this) then PCH source a replacement vehicle for you and the cost comes sstraight off his policy.

No reason you should be out of pocket because someone else broke your car!
Old 24 April 2007, 11:20 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretty much like for like damage to my car when nthis happenned to me.

£1790 to fix via insurance,new driver and passenger door,plus all rubbers and clips and plastics etc, its mad at wjhat needs replacing, when n u reemove trim,it breaks, the clips break etc i thought they were lying to me,they were on alot of stuff but thats another story,but i wennt down there and saw the bag of new clips and clips and clips etc,madnmess !!

oh,amnd i dont know about like fo rlike cars while its being fixed, i was offered a 1.4 polo !!
good luck
Old 24 April 2007, 12:32 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Andy: it looks like wing/driver's door to be replaced, and paintwork on the other.

Can you get it down to Morris Young Motors on South Park, and ask him for an estimate?

GradeA at Hayfield in the high Peak, ( 01663 744114) may be able to supply door and wing for spraying, which would make it cheaper for mate to pay for, if it has no other damage.

What about the door pillar? Can you see if it's bent?

If you have no transport, I could prob sort something for you re picking up the parts if they are available?
You could sub me for my fuel, but it'd be in a diesel so not dear.

PM me for a phone number if you want to talk about it.

Alcazar
Old 24 April 2007, 01:55 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Andy: it looks like wing/driver's door to be replaced, and paintwork on the other.

Can you get it down to Morris Young Motors on South Park, and ask him for an estimate?

GradeA at Hayfield in the high Peak, ( 01663 744114) may be able to supply door and wing for spraying, which would make it cheaper for mate to pay for, if it has no other damage.

What about the door pillar? Can you see if it's bent?

If you have no transport, I could prob sort something for you re picking up the parts if they are available?
You could sub me for my fuel, but it'd be in a diesel so not dear.

PM me for a phone number if you want to talk about it.

Alcazar

well i just drove the car to hibaldstow to pick a mate whos gonna help me find this doc in doncaster, then baring i get out quick enough, im off for an estmate from jason in rotherham.

gonna see what my insurers say when i get a call back. no massive rush, as the cars driveable and ive passed 4 police vans already since the accident, none stopping me then.

will update later, but im claiming off his insurers, no matter how big small the cost is. i want like for like replacements on the car which to be honest is virtually standard.

andy
Old 25 April 2007, 12:37 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

update...

after going to doncaster yesterday to sort my personal stuff out, i popped along to scoobybits, where me and jase had a chat. he had a quick once over of the car, and confirmed it needs two new door, wing, mudflaps. obviously all needs spraying too, and the rear bumper will need doing as it has a scuff mark on it.

was very helpful as usual, and im just awaiting some details on the claim from my insurers which il pass onto him at my next convenience.

hopefully wont be without the car too long, as he will strip it down to get a list of everything that needs replacing inc fixings, clips etc, then send it off to the bodyshop for spraying. then it will return, anything esle put back onto it, and be good as new.

cheers fella, you know i appreciate all your help.

andy
Old 25 April 2007, 12:40 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

****,it's about time your luck changed mate.

Bet that ****** along the road is Laughing.

As long as nobody was hurt,thats the main thing,Metal can be replaced.
Old 25 April 2007, 12:42 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speye91
****,it's about time your luck changed mate.

Bet that ****** along the road is Laughing.

As long as nobody was hurt,thats the main thing,Metal can be replaced.
yeah, thing is though, i could take his car out with my drivers side, and not really give a **** at the moment as its all getting replaced anyway. theres an accident *ahem* waiting to happen
Old 25 April 2007, 12:44 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

yeah, thing is though, i could take his car out with my drivers side, and not really give a **** at the moment as its all getting replaced anyway. theres an accident *ahem* waiting to happen

Dare ya.
Old 25 April 2007, 12:51 AM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't it be something if the guy seen this on the forum and passed that on to the insurance Oh ****
Old 25 April 2007, 12:51 AM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Fekk Andy.. your not having much luck are you fella
Old 25 April 2007, 12:52 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Thedevilandhiscar
Wouldn't it be something if the guy seen this on the forum and passed that on to the insurance Oh ****
Old 25 April 2007, 12:53 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Thedevilandhiscar
lighten up, take what i just said with a pinch of salt or bugger off to bed

im not seriously gonna do that.... although

members that have been on here more than a month know my crackpot personailty, you will eventually if you follow me round lol *joke, humerous act*

Quick Reply: look what someone did to my scoob