Sponsored by:

I want A scooby Back

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2007, 09:12 PM
WaltonWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I want A scooby Back

I sold my Wrx a while ago to get a Bmw convertible, But now I am bored of that already and WANT A SCOOBY BACK. This time I am looking to get an Sti

I take it I'll get a Proper Sti spoiler (and not a cheap copy?) but is there anything else I can look forward to I.E Bigger Brakes, More Bhp?

Any info would be great
Old 23 April 2007, 11:33 PM
WaltonWRX
Scooby Regular

Anyone

Basic difference between Wrx and Sti? (classic)
Old 23 April 2007, 11:37 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

engine much stronger, handles and brakes better, basically a much better model
Old 23 April 2007, 11:41 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

1.4.2 Japan
In Japan, home of Subaru Impreza, the standard model is known as the WRX (not to be confused with the Australian WRX). Most of the current 2 and 4 door models produce 280 PS (276 BHP), on Japanese 100 RON super unleaded fuel, and between 240 to 260 lb ft of torque. Acceleration times are close to 5 seconds for the 0-62 sprint, however top speeds are limited by Japanese law to 112 mph. A Japanese gentleman's agreement also prevents any production vehicle producing over 280 PS (276 bhp), hence a number of vehicles quote this as their standard output, but are widely accepted to produce more.. Bypassing the speed limiter and releasing more power from the engine can be simply achieved by certain under bonnet modifications, including changes to the engine management system.

Also available in Japan, are Subaru models modified by Subaru's advanced vehicle division, STi (Subaru Tecnica International). STi are responsible, along with Prodrive in the UK, for creating the WRC cars driven by the likes of Colin McRae and Richard Burns. Over the years, they have produced a number of production models (STi versions 1 to VI), in coupe, saloon and five door format. They have also released a number of limited edition models such as the V-Limited range and the 22B-STi wide bodied Coupe. Specifications for the STi models can include blueprinted engines, with different pistons and crankshaft, closed deck blocks, uprated close ratio gearbox, uprated suspension (i.e. hard!) and brakes, as well as nice toys such as water spray cooling for the intercooler, and driver adjustable differentials. STi engines rev to a 8250 rpm red line whilst the normal Japanese spec WRX's red line at 7500 rpm. Typically, the equipment specification of the Japanese WRX models are higher than that of the standard export models.

The Japanese spec WRX STi is also available as the 2-door coupe "Type R", which has the same equipment as a STi saloon plus driver-controlled diffs, and an intercooler water spray, but no ABS!.

The "Type RA" (Race Altered) is a lighter weight car with some options deleted and deemed the most suitable model in the range as the basis for a rally car. Generally they come without air conditioning, electric windows or radio, but these are available from the options list, and fitted to many road cars. The RA comes with a closed deck block, shorter gearing than standard (150mph at 8,000 rpm!), and rally style vent(s)/flap(s) on the roof.

When imported into the UK, the Japanese specification WRX retail price is approximately 25-100% higher than the standard Impreza Turbo 2000 model, depending on exchange rate, body style and options chosen. More detail on the specification of these cars can be found on the IWOC web site. For more information on importing these desirable cars, see section 8.
Old 23 April 2007, 11:41 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

From SIDC's FAQ btw
Old 23 April 2007, 11:44 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by WaltonWRX
I sold my Wrx a while ago to get a Bmw convertible, But now I am bored of that already and WANT A SCOOBY BACK. This time I am looking to get an Sti

I take it I'll get a Proper Sti spoiler (and not a cheap copy?) but is there anything else I can look forward to I.E Bigger Brakes, More Bhp?

Any info would be great
please keep your soft top BMW
Old 24 April 2007, 12:16 AM
WaltonWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
please keep your soft top BMW
4k and its yours