Sponsored by:

Bugeye STI question

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2007, 04:06 PM
JohnMc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye STI question

Hi, I'm just looking for a bit of info on a car. I went car hunting over the last few weeks and have found a mint buyeye STI, It's a fresh jap import with low milage. The dealer said it's a prodrive edition, 1 of 25 buuilt in japan with 325bhp at the flywheel. It has a roof vent also. never seen one of these on a bugeye that wasn't a spec C. I
Just wondering is it what he says it is or what?
I just fancy a car a wee bit different, and It's time for a break from the wagons!!
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers
John
Old 22 April 2007, 04:12 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

I thought the Prodrive Edition was a variation on the Type UK STi, and as far as i know it didnt have a roof vent (friend had one, and his didnt have a vent.)

1 of 25 makes it sound much more special than a Prodrive Edition if its to be true. Do you have the Chassis number? that should pretty much clear up exactly what it is.
Old 22 April 2007, 04:24 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

The dealer said it's a prodrive edition, 1 of 25 buuilt in japan
hi mate the Prodrive editions were all for the UK market and there were 750 of them made

basically the dealer doesnt know what it is so is trying to blag you
Old 22 April 2007, 04:26 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

do you have a link to the dealer website by any chance??
Old 22 April 2007, 04:46 PM
JohnMc
Scooby Regular

It's on the Irish autotrader. I was reading in a book about it and it was a model released in Japan.
Think the bit about it being 1 of 25 is rubbish!!
Thanks lads
Cheers
John
Old 22 April 2007, 06:06 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

I may be mistaken but I'm sure there was a very similar recent thread regarding the JDMm STI Prodrive edition that apparently is a genuine car.

Do as a search.
Old 22 April 2007, 06:35 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

JDM STI Prodrive is indeed a genuine car - basically a Jap RA with the prodrive kit, and the production was pretty damn low, I'm almost certain the figures for the JDM Prodrive were well below 100 cars - possibly the rarest of any Imprezas.

If its sound - buy it. Please. Please buy it. You'll make me happy

Trending Topics

Old 22 April 2007, 08:09 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

JDM STI Prodrive is indeed a genuine car - basically a Jap RA with the prodrive kit, and the production was pretty damn low, I'm almost certain the figures for the JDM Prodrive were well below 100 cars - possibly the rarest of any Imprezas.
well I never
Old 27 April 2007, 07:54 PM
jammer84
Scooby Newbie

I was trying to buy this but someone has a deposit on it already. I was really looking forward to getting it. I said I wouldn't put money on it till I made sure I could get the finance but when I got the finance approved it was too late
Old 27 April 2007, 08:01 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

shame
Old 27 April 2007, 08:22 PM
jammer84
Scooby Newbie

Wonder was it JohnMc? I was just doing a search on these cars to see if they really were so few and found this thread from Google. Gotta go find something else to buy with me money now!
Old 27 April 2007, 10:29 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will still be a "standard" 280ps, no JDM car ever came out of the factory with a quoted 325bhp, the highest is 320ps (s202, s203, s204, RA-R) but yes there is a Prodrive edition, though im not sure exactly how many were made but 25 doesnt seem feasable, 100 does though, it should have a plaque in it somewhere

Tony
Old 27 April 2007, 10:37 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Tony - not sure if they would have had plaques.. they were simply RA's with the body kit, not a 'mainstream' limited edition like the S202.
Old 27 April 2007, 10:41 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

I think they came with embroidered lettering on the seats? id have to do a search but im knackered as ive been driving back from work tonight and friday is always a killer

Tony
Old 27 April 2007, 10:45 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I'd be surprised if they did - but would be interested in anything regarding the foreign sisters of my car!
Old 27 April 2007, 10:51 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

IMPREZA WRX STi Prodrive Style

This may help cant decode it though, may have a try tomorrow but they are an official Subaru model.

Some translations (hopefully!)

2001 September 12th

The subaru in presser WRX
Selling “STi Prodrive Style”

Huzisige industry (Takenaka 恭 two presidents) the Subaru Technica international it is the motor sport special company * 1 (hardness correct President Yamada, abbreviation STI), the wrapping part etc which developed the Subaru in presser WRX STi jointly Huzisige industry and STI and the professional drive corporation * 2 (nick fly president) with 3 corporations in the base the model and in presser WRX “STi Prodrive Style which” install this day it announces, it sells simultaneously via the nationwide Subaru chain store from October 17th.

The same model WRC (worldwide rally championship) represented the WR car “the Subaru in presser WRC2001 which” participates, as the private front bumper, the front grille, the side spoiler and the rear spoiler etc are installed, the spirit 悍 forum is actualized, aerodynamic quality it has improved.

As for in presser WRX STi which becomes the base, since 2000 October selling, being unique, was compatible the travelling efficiency which is superior to be appraised the height of the strong forum and speed and quality, confidence is won as a real load sport model.

* 1 The subaru Technica international (Inc.) address: Tokyo Mitaka city
* 2 Professional drive corporation address: English [banburi]
The company which does the vehicle production, team management of the Subaru world rally team and vehicle development and the consulting which lead motor sport

The subaru in presser WRX “STi Prodrive Style”
(HID low-beam lamp, as for hyperchromic glass manufacturer installing option)

<In presser WRX STi Prodrive Style principal equipment>

◎ Professional drive design front bumper & front grille
◎ Professional drive design side & rear spoiler
○ Private meter (letter board: Private blue guide: Private lead color)
○ Roof ventilator
・ Aluminum make front hood
・ Aluminum make sport pedal (accelerator & brake & clutch & foot rest)
・ Dual SRS air bag
・ EBD attaching sou pass Potts ABS
・ [puritenshiyona] & overload limiter attaching front 3 point type ELR seat belts
・ HID low-beam lamp (manufacturer installing option)
・ Front [shiyuatoratsuku] *LSD (manufacturer installing option)

* Sign: Huzisige industry and the joint development part by 3 corporations of STI and the professional drive corporation
* ○ sign: “STi Prodrive Style” special equipment
* Sure track/truck(SURETRAC), registered trade mark of the English AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTS corporation

<Sales planning>

150 units/month

And some more (the official subaru japan site that ive linked to) sort of translated

■4WD system Bis refuse LSD attaching center diff. system 4WD

* Underside
 Mechanism
Inverted type 4 wheel strut [supotsusasupenshiyon]
Aluminum forging make front lower arm
Front [sutoratsutotawaba] (titanium make pipe Made by FHI Aerospace Division)
[burenbo]社 make 17 inch opposition 4 pot [hurontobenchiretetsudodeisukubureki]
[burenbo]社 make 17 inch opposition 2 pot [riyabenchiretetsudodeisukubureki]
17 inch ×7.5JJ aluminum wheel
225/45ZR17 tire
Rear [shiyuatoratsuku] ®LSD (limited slip diff.)
Hollow intake valve & sodium enclosure hollow exhaust valve
Forging molybdenum coating piston
[shimuresubaruburihuta]
Red [chijimi] paint intake manifold
The large-sized intercooler (STi logograph it enters) & the large-sized air intake
Strengthening intercooler duct (aluminum + silicon rubber)
Intercooler water spray (automatic & manual switch attaching)
STi private cross ratio 6 fast manual transmissions (reverse warning buzzer attaching)
STi private strengthening engine mount
STi private muffler (STi logographic attaching)
* Operativity instrument panel
 Warning light STi cherry red stitch attaching MOMO bookbinding leather volume steering wheel
Main leather volume MT shift **** & hand brake lever of STi exclusive use
15:1 quick ratio power steering
Metal shift boots ring
Aluminum make sport pedal (accelerator & brake & clutch & foot rest)
* Ope air temperature indicatory monitor attaching sport meter [STi Prodrive Style private color]
(Center tachometer + metal pitch meter ring)
REV indicator
The [pawauindou] driver's seat off delay timer (it inserts, the prevention mechanism attaching)
Answer back functional attaching radio wave type remote control door lock (hazard lamp & off delay room lamp gearing)
Centralized door lock
Automatic air conditioner (clean filter attaching)
STi private design key plate
* Seat Front seat material: [ekusenu] ®/Jersey
Rear seat material: Tricot/Jersey
STi private front bucket seat
Driver's seat [supa****orihuta] (ratchet system)
* Interior Plated [innarimotodoahandoru]
* Wrapping * [purodoraibudezain] [hurontobanpa]
* [purodoraibudezain] [hurontoguriru]
* [purodoraibudezain] [saidosupoira]
* [purodoraibudezain] [riyasupoira]
* Roof ventilator
Aluminum make front hood
STi private single muffler cutter
Large-sized under cover
* Safety equipment Dual SRS air bag
Sou pass Potts ABS [[anchirotsuku] brake & system]
[puritenshiyona] & overload limiter attaching front 3 point type ELR seat belts
Rear left and right seat 3 point type ELR seat belt (child seat fixing mechanism attaching)
ISO FIX child seat corresponding structure (rear left and right seat) note 1
* Selective specification HID [high intensity discharge system] the low-beam lamp (the optical axis adjustment switch you attach) the + hyperchromic glass (the [riyadoa] rear) note 2
HID [robimu] [ranpu] + 濃色 [garasu] + [huronto] ・ [shiyuatoratsuku] ®LSD
HID [robimu] [ranpu] + 濃色 [garasu] + [huronto] ・ [shiyuatoratsuku] ®LSD+IMPREZA K's [masuta] [saundo] [shisutemu] (MD/CD/[chiyuna] ・ 専用 6 [supika])
■ [sono] [hoka] [no] 主 [na] 装備 [huronto] & [riya] [sutabiraiza]/油圧 [kuratsuchi]/電動 格納 type [rimokon] [karado] [doa] [mira]/[harogen] 4 灯 [hetsudoraito] ([purojiekuta] type [robimu])/[uotsushiya] 連動 間[ketsu] 時間 調整 type [huronto] [waipa] (運転 席 側 [huin] 付)/[riyauindoudehuotsuga] ([taima] 付)/[riya] [waipa] & [uotsushiya]/液晶 [dejitaru] [tsuin] [toritsupu] [meta]/[chiruto] [sutearingu]/[pawauindou]/[dejitaru] 時計/[igunitsushiyon] [ki] 照明 ([ohu] [deirei] 付)/[igunitsushiyon] [ki] 連動 [raito] [ohu]/半 [doa] 表示 [monita]/[igunitsushiyon] [ki] 抜[ki] 忘[re] [uoningu] [buza]/燃料 残量 [uoningu]/運転 席 [****o] [beruto] 未 装着 [uoninguranpu]/後 席 暖房/[garasu] [antena]/[metaru] 調 [paneru]/[katsupu] [horuda] ([inpane] & [konsoru])/[dei] [naito] [inna] [mira]/[sanbaiza] (運転 席 & 助手 席 & [senta] [baiza])/[ashisuto] [guritsupu] (助手 席 & 後 席 左右)/[gurobu] [botsukusu] (車 検証 [horuda] 付)/前 席 灰皿 (照明 付)/[ohu] [deirei] [rumu] [ranpu]/[kado] [horuda]/[huroa] [konsoru] [botsukusu] ([ritsudo] 付)/[huronto] [doa] [poketsuto]/[toranku] [rumu] [ranpu]/[subaru] [enburemu] /UV [katsuto] [garasu] ([huronto] [doa] & [riya] [doa]) 注 3/[huronto] [****o] [beruto] [shiyoruda] [ajiyasuta] & [****o] 一体 [anka]/[huronto] [banpa] [bimu]/[saido] [doa] [bimu]/[sutearingu] [sapoto] [bimu]/[riya] [doa] [chiyairudo] [puruhu]/[hai] [maunto] [sutotsupu] [ranpu] 注4/[kuratsuchi] [sutato] [shisutemu]

■ 「選択 仕様」 [ha] [go] 注文 時 申[shi] 受[kemasu]. [go] 注文 後[ha] [o] 受[ke] [dekimasen] [node] [go] 了承 [kudasai]. 注 1: 使用 [dekiru] [no] [ha] IMPREZA 用 [to] [****e] 認可 [wo] 受[keta] ISO FIX 対応 [chiyairudo] [****o] [nomi] [desu]. 注 2: 濃色 [garasu] [ha] UV [katsuto] 機能 [mo] [arimasu]. [nao] [riya] [doa] [garasu] [to] [riya] [garasu] [no] 濃度 [ha] 若干 異[narimasu]. 注 3: [huronto] [garasu] [mo] UV [katsuto] 機能 [ga] [arimasu]. 注 4: [hai] [maunto] [sutotsupu] [ranpu] [ha] [riya] [supoira] 内蔵 [taipu] [to] [narimasu]. ※ [ekusenu] ® [ha] 東[re] 株式 会社 [no] 登録 商標 [desu]. [shiyua] [toratsuku] ® (SURETRAC) [ha] 英国 AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTS 社 [no] 登録 商標 [desu].

[in] [puretsusa] WRX STi Prodrive Style
■ 寸法 ・ 重量
全長 × 全幅 × 全高 (mm): 4405×1730×1435 ※ 参考 値
室内 長 × 室内 幅 × 室内 高 (mm): 1890×1380×1180
[hoiru] [besu] (mm): 2525
[toretsudo] [前/後] (mm): 1490/1480
最低 地上 高 (mm): 150
車両 重量 (kg): 1430 ※ 参考 値
車両 総重量 (kg): 1705 ※ 参考 値
乗車 定員 (名): 5
■ [enjin]
 主要 諸元 型式: EJ20 種類: 水平 対向 4 気筒 [BOXER]
2.0DOHC 16 [barubu] AVCS (可変 [barubutaimingu]) [tabo]
内径 × 行程 (mm): 92.0×75.0
総 排気 量 (cc): 1994 圧縮 比: 8.0
最高 出力 ([netsuto]) [kW (ps) /rpm] *: 206 (280) /6400
最大 [toruku] ([netsuto]) [N ・ m (kg-m) /rpm] *: 373 (38.0) /4000
燃料 供給 装置: EGI (電子 制御 燃料 噴射 装置: [maruchipointo] ・ [injiekushiyon])
燃料 種類: 無鉛 [puremiamu] [gasorin] 注
燃料 [tanku] 容量 (): 60
■ [enjin] 性能 ・
 変速機 6 速 [maniyuaru] [toransumitsushiyon]
変速 比
第 1st 速: 3.636 第 2nd 速: 2.375 第 3rd 速: 1.761 第 4th 速: 1.346
第 5th 速: 1.062 第 6th 速: 0.842
後退: 3.545 減速 比: 3.900

* Because of the rack equipment vehicle, it becomes the bringing register. The case of the register because survey value of the vehicle is applied, there are times when it differs from the size of catalog statement. Note: When procuring unleaded premium gasoline, it can also use unleaded regular gasoline, but engine efficiency decreases. * As a new unit, as for output “ps” empty “kW”, as for torque “kg-m” empty it changes to “N m”. (Output converted score: 1ps=0.7355kW and torque converted score: 1kg-m=9.80665N m) * “10.15 modes” stop inspecting because high-speed travelling and the like inside the city is added, when it measured by the same vehicle, “10 modes” an evenly 10% higher value (our manufacture meeting) with. Furthermore, as for these fuel consumption rates it is numerical value in the origin of the test condition which is decided. Therefore, the actual travelling time, fuel consumption rate differs operating condition, depending upon habit and service circumstance etc. * There is Gross indication and net indication in engine output indication. “Gross” is something which was measured engine as a single unit, “the net” as a state where the engine is loaded onto the vehicle is something which was measured under the almost same conditions. When it measured with the same engine, the value which 15% is lower ““Gross” (our manufacture meeting) with it has stopped inspecting than the net”. * This specification there are times when it modifies not to refuse. * As for the photograph there are times when it is visible from the nature of the display unit, unlike actual color. * Please read the instruction manual well at the time of actual travelling.

● Vehicle itself production enterprise: Huzisige industrial corporation
● Rack equipment enterprise: The subaru Technica international corporation
● Because of the rack equipment vehicle, it becomes the bringing register. Each statistics value is reference value. The case of the register survey value of the vehicle is applied.
● When making an automobile delivery it transfers you to read the “STi Prodrive Style instruction manual” and “in presser WRX instruction manual”, just please be sure to handle.
● No matter what please as for do not remodel after the purchasing.
● About guarantee period: The period when guarantee repair can be received among the rack equipment parts of STI, the front bumper, the front grille, concerning the side spoiler and the rear spoiler from the day when the vehicle is delivered to the customer is 1 years.

Tony

Last edited by TonyBurns; 27 April 2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 27 April 2007, 11:42 PM
jammer84
Scooby Newbie

i love this car. dunno what i'm gonna get now. defo want an sti but just have to see what i can purchase now. Here was a link to that car though!

VEHICLE DETAILS
Old 28 April 2007, 09:30 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

So just to point out that this isnt based on an RA or Spec C, its based on the standard STi model, and there are a few models (the 2004 v-ltd JDM STI for instance) that do have a roof vent but are not the lightweight car

Tony
Old 28 April 2007, 10:23 AM
jon foz
Scooby Regular

they are quite rare as you stated,i bought one of these in 2003,the only difference i remember was the roof vent,I also had a sti 7 prodrive in black at the time and the the only difference really was that the JDM was quite a bit quicker

Old 28 April 2007, 03:19 PM
jammer84
Scooby Newbie

i still wish I was quick enough to purchase it. I think the roof vent just makes it stand out so much and gives it the extra good luck. Dunno what I'm going to buy now!
Old 13 May 2007, 06:22 PM
JohnMc
Scooby Regular

Default Bugeye

Thanks for all the help lads, I bought the car and have to say I'm delighted with it, Changed the wheels to white speedlines and a few other minor cosmetic changes!
If someone can post pic's I'll mail them too them
Once again thanks for all your help.

Cheers
John

PS Jammer84, where ya from? there's one in the autotrader last week too.

Last edited by JohnMc; 13 May 2007 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 13 May 2007, 07:06 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

Sweet! Upload the pics here: ImageShack® - Hosting

Then just paste the links with [IMG]insert_link_here[/IMG] tags.