Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Std exhaust Vs Prodrive, what difference..

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2007, 10:29 AM
MTayler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Std exhaust Vs Prodrive, what difference..

as thread title, what is different about the std exhaust to what is fitted when the PPP pack is fitted ?.
Also will any be gains be made by fitting another aftermarket system, car is '03 wrx with as mentioned PPP fitted.
I am currently looking at Scoobyworld afterburner centre with Ninja rear box as I don't want anything too loud i.e Blitz Nur Spec .
Am open to suggestion on a different system though, cat back only.

Cheer's.

Mark.
Old 22 April 2007, 10:37 AM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I can only speak for the Prodrive exhaust to which when my ex. Impreza was ppp'd. It was louder than the very quiet standard pipe, however it wasn't over loud as to p*ss off all the neighbours. No doubt it was meant to play its part in the overall performance enhancement.

Originally Posted by MTayler
as thread title, what is different about the std exhaust to what is fitted when the PPP pack is fitted ?.
Also will any be gains be made by fitting another aftermarket system, car is '03 wrx with as mentioned PPP fitted.
I am currently looking at Scoobyworld afterburner centre with Ninja rear box as I don't want anything too loud i.e Blitz Nur Spec .

Cheer's.

Mark.
Old 22 April 2007, 02:16 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MTayler

Cheer's.

Mark.
PPP exhaust is a sports cat downpipe, 2nd cat replacement pipe and back box.

you won't get alot better than the downpipe and 2nd decat pipe so prob best to leave them be, they don't replace the resonated section so that can be done for £60-£100.

although louder than std the prodrive back box isn't terribly loud, but that's down to choice. the centre and backbox you're looking at are a good make so that might just finish it off for you
Old 22 April 2007, 03:09 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

its slightly strange the prodrive one, i have a standard WRX MY05 PPP and he exhaust when giving it some is really quite loud, cabin noise is minimal, but out side it is loud,

i have heard and seen others go mind and there nothing like the sound of mine

so who knows, maybe mines broken lol
Old 22 April 2007, 04:16 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
PPP exhaust is a sports cat downpipe, 2nd cat replacement pipe and back box.

you won't get alot better than the downpipe and 2nd decat pipe so prob best to leave them be, they don't replace the resonated section so that can be done for £60-£100.
Wrong. He said car is a WRX and they don't change the standard downpipe in the PPP for the WRX, just in the PPP for the STi.

There is therefore a significant advantage to a WRX PPP from fitting a replacement sports car downpipe. It's also worthwhile to change the up-pipe, and then ideally get the ECU map tweaked to suit
Old 22 April 2007, 04:23 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hades
Wrong. He said car is a WRX and they don't change the standard downpipe in the PPP for the WRX, just in the PPP for the STi.

There is therefore a significant advantage to a WRX PPP from fitting a replacement sports car downpipe. It's also worthwhile to change the up-pipe, and then ideally get the ECU map tweaked to suit
oops, didn't read that bit! strange they don't change the downpipe aswell with the WRX, the res pipe i can understand but the downpipe, like you say, is a big jump forward.

worth adding that to the shopping list if you're looking at mapping, but if you're pleased with the perfomance and just want louder, go down the route you've stated
Old 23 April 2007, 04:31 PM
MTayler
Scooby Regular

Hoskib ; You've hit the nail on the head !.

Am pleased with overall performance just wanted something to bring out the true flat four noise BUT without being overly annoying sound wise.
After hearing the sound files for the Afterburner/Ninja exhaust it certainly sounds more fruity .
Anyone with experience of the above system as I'm still un-decided whether to go for resonated or un-resonated centre section, any opinions.

Also any comparison with above to a Hayward & Scott cat back system ?.
They are very local to me and by all accounts they have a good reputation so using their system is also an option .

Any comments ?.

Mark.