Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trusted garages near Bourne, Lincs.?

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2007, 11:02 AM
deltor
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trusted garages near Bourne, Lincs.?

Hi All,
As a relative newcomer to the forums I suspect that this question has been answered before, probably yonks ago...
The clutch on my 2003 (newage) WRX is on it's very last legs and I'm looking for a reliable garage locally (Bourne, Stamford, Peterborough etc) who can be trusted to fit a suitable replacement. Any ideas?
I've tried Zen performance in Wellingborough (yeah I know it's not that close but I drive past there every day...) who are a good price but can't touch it for 2 weeks - don't think the old girl will last that long..!!
Cheers.
Del
Old 17 April 2007, 09:23 PM
DannyB2006
Scooby Regular

hello there m8 im from that area myself! sadly tho not got any help for you on this, all i can say is subaru but they will charge the earth obviously! if you find anything m8 it would be much apprecaited if you could fill me in

cheers
Old 17 April 2007, 09:25 PM
dogpole
Scooby Regular

Carnetix - The home of Saab and Subaru performance in the Midlands in melton

give becky and glenn a ring, they will sort you out.

Old 18 April 2007, 07:54 AM
deltor
Scooby Newbie

Cheers dogpole...
Wish I'd known about Carnetix yesterday..
I've done a bit of phoning around and no-one seems to be able to do anything for 2 weeks plus - except JPS Motorsport in Milton Keynes who should be able to sort me out this Friday! Not close to home but just down the road from work. At least if it's repaired at work, the other half won't have to pick me up and ask awkward questions about the bill..!!
Just hope I can nurse my sick scooby back and forwards to work for a couple of days... and yes, they have replacement flywheels in stock if I bugger that up too...
Old 22 April 2007, 05:10 PM
delwrx
Scooby Newbie

Quick update for anyone reading...
Took the car to JPS Motorsport in Bletchley on Friday and they fitted a standard OE clutch - original quote £650.
Unfortunately, driving the car for 1000 miles since I knew the clutch had gone meant that the flywheel was somewhat 'worn' (knackered...) so a new flywheel had to be sourced. Fortunately JPS had a lightened version available from stock... but this did push the final bill over £1000 (don't tell the missus..!!) The car had to be sorted on the day though as I needed to get home that evening, and JPS didn't do a think without checking with me first.
I can't fault their service, although the car doesn't seem to run quite as well as it did before... a minor tweaking required I'm sure.
They did point out however that I needed a new air filter.. strange since Souls of Olney serviced the car only 4 weeks ago..!! I shall be paying them a visit VERY shortly..!!
Have also had a lead on a company called Jabasport in Crowland near Peterborough... ring any bells to anyone??
Old 22 April 2007, 05:41 PM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Jabasport are a very reputable outfit. Very well-known in VAG tuning/re-mapping circles - and probably for a few other things too....