Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Site suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2001, 12:01 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's great that topics are now moved to their appropriate forums. However it can be a cause of frustration, because you have to go looking for that thread in the correct forum.

Would it be possible to place a hypertext link to the URL of the thread in along with the current "This has been moved to forum X" message ?

Would save a lot of time. Currently I can't be bothered to go hunting for it.
Old 16 December 2001, 04:03 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hi David

Good suggestion, and I too have found it frustrating. In the end we decided to not include the link as the better of two evils..

On one hand, it's frustrating to have to look for it, but on the other... one of the main reasons why posts are moved is that people post in general as they feel their thread will get more attention. If you can still look at that link and be directed to the thread, that logic can still exist as people may think "hey I'll just stick it in there anyway as even when it's moved it'll still drive traffic to my post.

Difficult decision, and could have gone either way to be honest, but the general forum is getting so congested that we need to focus on moving the traffic around.

Any suggestions?

All the best

Simon