Sponsored by:

Blitz NUR Spec RX

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2007, 09:15 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz NUR Spec RX

I've been through several exhausts on my version 3 sti ra v-limited and haven't found one which I can live with yet.

I replaced the standard system and magnex back box (which came with the car) for a kakimoto cat-back sytem - which was so loud flocks of sheep would run away as I drove past....baaaaaastard loud. After a few weeks of this and old people looking at me as if I had kicked their dog (invariably a jack russell) as I drove past, I changed it for a ZeroSports Super Metal High-Flow Cat Downpipe, magnex centre section and a genuine STI S201 titanium rear section. I'm now finding this a tad on the loud side, as I leave for work at 6.30am and don't want to cause a riot with the neighbours.

SO....I've just bought a Blitz NUR Spec RX from Nengun.com to mate to the ZeroSports downpipe and it's on it's way over from Japan now. It's similar to the Spec R but is supposedly Jasma noise regulated and 96db as opposed to 105db for the Spec R. What I wanted to know was - do any of you have one, and what is it really like noise wise?

I so far have 3 exhausts cluttering up the garage so I'm hoping this won't make a fourth....!

Last edited by briforbes; 10 April 2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10 April 2007, 09:43 PM
DANNYBOY2511
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only have the R mate but with the bung in its rated at about 96db and that to me is great on the motorway as your ears dont bleed.
just guessing but i suppose it would be similar.
still sounds good on tick over and a deep growl higher up the revs.
personaly i keep the bung out most the time, i love noise
Old 11 April 2007, 12:07 PM
Scoobydoo160
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by briforbes
I've been through several exhausts on my version 3 sti ra v-limited and haven't found one which I can live with yet.

I replaced the standard system and magnex back box (which came with the car) for a kakimoto cat-back sytem - which was so loud flocks of sheep would run away as I drove past....baaaaaastard loud. After a few weeks of this and old people looking at me as if I had kicked their dog (invariably a jack russell) as I drove past, I changed it for a ZeroSports Super Metal High-Flow Cat Downpipe, magnex centre section and a genuine STI S201 titanium rear section. I'm now finding this a tad on the loud side, as I leave for work at 6.30am and don't want to cause a riot with the neighbours.

SO....I've just bought a Blitz NUR Spec RX from Nengun.com to mate to the ZeroSports downpipe and it's on it's way over from Japan now. It's similar to the Spec R but is supposedly Jasma noise regulated and 96db as opposed to 105db for the Spec R. What I wanted to know was - do any of you have one, and what is it really like noise wise?

I so far have 3 exhausts cluttering up the garage so I'm hoping this won't make a fourth....!

Hey mate, good luck with your new exhaust. I am in the same situation as you, I have a H&S Fast flow downpipe with the nur spec R. I love the build quality and looks of this exhaust but it just gets so loud, on long trips it tends to drone. I am also thinking about changing it to the nur spec RX. Really dont want to lose the burble sound or roar on acceleration but a touch quieter would be prefered. Could you please let me know how you get on with it with regards to torque and sound changes.

Many thanks in advance
Rob
Old 11 April 2007, 12:18 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by briforbes
a kakimoto cat-back sytem - which was so loud flocks of sheep would run away as I drove past....

I read with interest - I keep getting embarressed at meets because my prodrive backbox keeps making people ask if its running or not.. So I've gotta do something!
Old 11 April 2007, 03:24 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Will let you know how it is when it arrives - might put a sound clip up if I get the chance.