Sti to Pro Drive

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2007, 12:44 PM
PPP Rich
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti to Pro Drive

Hi all just joined the forum.

I'm going to be picking up a 53 plate Uk Sti Pro-Drive or so its advertised. I was wondering on the differences or if there should be a certificate with the vehicle saying it has 100% been fitted.

I will try searching although sometimes someone replies with the answer quicker!

I was also thinking of going straight for the TSL 333 conversion would anyone recommend going another route?

Cheers
Old 02 April 2007, 01:00 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

There should be a Cert from Prodrive with the car, As for going for the 333 package, don't bother, just get the PPP'd car remapped you will be looking at 330-340 bhp plus similar torque, Will make a good car great!
Old 02 April 2007, 03:11 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Aye, as above. Just a remap on the Prodrive Kit.....and welcome!
Old 02 April 2007, 04:10 PM
StuS
Scooby Regular

I don't suppose that anyone has any dyno graphs of just a remap on an STi PPP? Or even just some figures would be nice

I'm tempted to go for it if the results are 330-340ish
Old 02 April 2007, 04:12 PM
lestippp
Scooby Regular

Yip, I bought a 05 sti ppp three weeks ago and I checked that the car had the certificate with it for the fittment of the ppp before I bought it. Awesome car at 301 bhp. Well happy!
Old 02 April 2007, 05:52 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

I have had my STI PPP now for nearly a month,and to be honest,i love performance as much as anyone and wanted to get a remap done first.

However,since buying it i have found other areas wanting BEFORE the remap,the main one being to erradicate the understeer these cars suffer with,so my first(expensive) mod is going to be an anti-lift kit and uprated anti roll bars and a decent geometry setup,which will cost a similar £600,as IMO,this will make the car faster overall,and once this is done (my car already has the Prodrive springs),then i will look to getting the remap.

In the last couple of weeks i have also changed the standard ait filter to a TSL Group N Panel Filter (£47) which improved throttle response and seemed to reduce the turbo lag a little,and also changed the Prodrive Back Box to an Afterburner Vortex one,which has made a massive difference to the sound,and also reduced the turbo lag even further (and noticeably).

So,again IMO,you want to get the car and drive it for a while and decide which mods you want,and what you want to improve,as extra straight line performance is not always the best route........................well not straight away anyway .
Old 02 April 2007, 06:15 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul2070
However,since buying it i have found other areas wanting BEFORE the remap,the main one being to erradicate the understeer these cars suffer with,so my first(expensive) mod is going to be an anti-lift kit and uprated anti roll bars and a decent geometry setup,which will cost a similar £600,as IMO,this will make the car faster overall,and once this is done (my car already has the Prodrive springs),then i will look to getting the remap.
Wise move. I did those mods and it did make a massive difference. Well worth it.
Old 02 April 2007, 06:35 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

All fair points, However spending £600 on suspension will sound really tame down the pub, When spending the same on a remap will improve the 285-290 bhp/torque to 330-340bhp/torque will have everyone well impressed! And you will get a rolling road printout to prove it too, lol

The sad fact is that if you are worried about the way an impreza goes around a corner or how fast it is in a straight line then you are only counting the time before you either have an accident or feel the wrath of the boys in blue.

If it's for the track then fine.
Old 02 April 2007, 06:41 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Rich - I've got a topic on here at the moment with two RR graphs of my STI PPP - I just need to update to a reprinted graph and I'll update it.
Old 03 April 2007, 08:54 AM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by suffolkdar
All fair points, However spending £600 on suspension will sound really tame down the pub, When spending the same on a remap will improve the 285-290 bhp/torque to 330-340bhp/torque will have everyone well impressed! And you will get a rolling road printout to prove it too, lol

The sad fact is that if you are worried about the way an impreza goes around a corner or how fast it is in a straight line then you are only counting the time before you either have an accident or feel the wrath of the boys in blue.

If it's for the track then fine.

What a load of rubbish!!

If all you are interested in is bragging to people in the pub about how much power your car has,it can surely only mean you cannot brag about the size of your manhood!!

Sorting out the handling/braking (if needed) of a car BEFORE adding any more power (to what is already a quick car) is the most sensible option,and just because some people choose to drive modified cars,it doesn't mean they are any more likely to have an accident OR "feel the wrath of the boys in blue"............................i know i spend a large amount of money buying my cars,looking after them,modifying them and caring for them,so i am probably less likely to have an accident (that is my fault) then plenty of other people.
Old 03 April 2007, 11:22 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul2070

What a load of rubbish!!

If all you are interested in is bragging to people in the pub about how much power your car has,it can surely only mean you cannot brag about the size of your manhood!!

Sorting out the handling/braking (if needed) of a car BEFORE adding any more power (to what is already a quick car) is the most sensible option,and just because some people choose to drive modified cars,it doesn't mean they are any more likely to have an accident OR "feel the wrath of the boys in blue"............................i know i spend a large amount of money buying my cars,looking after them,modifying them and caring for them,so i am probably less likely to have an accident (that is my fault) then plenty of other people.
Old 03 April 2007, 03:12 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

To be honest the difference in performance between the ppp and a simple remapped ppp is minimal. 0-100 times are 12.9 (ppp) and 12.6seconds (333). I really would not bother remapping a PPP’d sti unless you are carrying out other mods.

dipster
Old 03 April 2007, 03:21 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Whiteline rear ARB and wire droplinks are a must though! £155-ish to buy, anyone with an average mechanical knowledge can fit, and the difference is instantly obvious.
Old 03 April 2007, 03:36 PM
eves
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davedipster
To be honest the difference in performance between the ppp and a simple remapped ppp is minimal. 0-100 times are 12.9 (ppp) and 12.6seconds (333). I really would not bother remapping a PPP’d sti unless you are carrying out other mods.

dipster

is that it??? hardly worth it at all then!!!