Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawkeye standard alloys, anyone else got problems.

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2007, 07:03 PM
GeorgeF
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye standard alloys, anyone else got problems.

Was washing the car at the weekend, when I noticed the surface coating on three of my alloys has blistered and has started to peel off around the wheel center caps. My car is 6 months old! Has anyone else had the same problem. If they have, have subaru replaced the wheels.
Old 01 April 2007, 08:34 PM
bmac800
Scooby Regular

Is your car an STI as I am having the same problem on my My05 STI (same wheels)The wheels are peppered with stone chips and the paint is blistering around a couple of the centre badges.Got it serviced last Friday and the garage took some pics which they are going to send to Subaru to see if Ive got a claim.They have only been on the car for 6 or 7 thousand miles and are in a shocking state.I have a set of Prodrive PFF7s as well and ran them all of last summer and there is not a mark on them.
Old 01 April 2007, 09:13 PM
C8 DHC 04WRX
Scooby Regular

mine went on the back edges of the spokes of an 04wrx and subaru gave me a new set under warranty. They had to take photo's and send to japan which took a while but got it sorted ok in the end!
Old 01 April 2007, 09:19 PM
GeorgeF
Scooby Newbie

I am afraid mine is a WRX, different wheels, just the std 17s on my car. Had an informal word at dealers and send subaru a picture was the advice. I have damaged the rim on one wheel, where the damage is on the rim it is also blistering, but that is where I would expect it, not around the center caps which are totally undamaged.