Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your thoughts on Import WRX coming up for sale! Cheers...

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2007, 12:15 PM
ScoobieNoobie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Your thoughts on Import WRX coming up for sale! Cheers...

Hey all,

Gonna be putting my MY93 Import up for sale soon but thought i consult you guys an gals first to gauge interest and pricing?? Ive a fair idea what its worth and obviously know what i paid for it so i'd like to know what you all think. Heres the info.

1993 L Impreza WRX in Blade Silver
Just under 62,000 Kilometers on clock (which equates to around 38,500 miles)
12 Months MOT (getting done this week)
Fully Standard but for Fujitsubo stainless steel exhaust an sports cat, braided brake pipes, green panel filter (5ish months old), and ESL Upgrade Board & EPROM chips worth £200 http://www.enduringsolutions.com/.For those who havent heard of the chip, the key features are as follows....

- Increase in boost to 1.1bar from standard 0.8
- Improved boost control
- Modified ignition timing to make the remap suitable for UK super unleaded fuels without the need for Octane Booster
- Removal of the 112mph vehicle speed limiter for imported vehicles.

This gives a boost of approxiately 40bhp on the standard 240bhp that the Jap WRX comes with (see ESL website above)

Everything else is all standard even down to havin the original 15inch alloys, Nardi wheel and Gear **** and the original Jap radio!

Last properly serviced 5 months ago when the engine oil/filter timing belt and gearbox oil were changed.

Recent work done (and by recent i mean 2 days ago) is as follows...

-Rocker cover gasket (Drivers side) replaced
-Reconditioned powersteering pump fitted as the old one died (cheers to Scoobyman95 for the replacement!)
-Powersteering belt replaced

And because im honest here's the few problems with it, but remember it is a classic, almost 14 year old car after all...

1. The passenger side front door has a dent in it from when a chav kicked it recently
2. The central locking seems to only lock all the doors NOT unlock them?
3. It got broken into 4 months ago and almost halfinched, damage to door lock and steering column where they tried to jack it has been fully and professionally fixed under fully comp insurance (got reciepts). Only annoyance is that there is now 3 different keys for the car as Subaru dont do replacement ignition barrels and door lock sets for older imprezas. So theres one for the boot & passenger side door, one for the ignition and one for the drivers door. More a slight annoynance then a problem.

Everything on the car (other than the locking )works and the car in general is in incredible condition considering its age!!

If ive missed owt of ask me an i'll let you know. Ive got pics if anyone wants a look at her.

Cheers for lookin!

Last edited by ScoobieNoobie; 26 March 2007 at 01:47 PM.