Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tracker or Tracstar - that is the question + some other bits LOL

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2001, 05:46 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive been had over, only joking it seems i will get me scoob 1 month earlier (12th jan) involves a trip by coach to pick it up from an extreamly helpfull gent called Vam at Tileys (if your here Vam - THANKS for everything)

oh yes, Tracker or Tracstar? witch ones the best?

Do insurance companys rate both the same?

i will have the car for 2 years (contact hire), is it true that the device stays with the car? or can you have it transfered (inc.lifetime subscription)to another car?

Plus any other usefull coments pls.

Cheers S.

Old 14 December 2001, 11:29 PM
Madman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve

Don't think there's much in it.

Don't know that much about tracstar, but I've just ordered a Tracker Monitor and fitted within a week. Origionally went for Tracker Horizon but there is a four - five week wait for delivery and fitting.

Direct Line do not destinguish, all they say is it must have a device fitted. Having said that, they won't accept any where you have to ring the tracking company if the car is stolen, it has to be one that activates when the car is moved "illegally".

The lifetime subscription is for the time you have the car, the tracker cannot be removed once installed, only switched off. If your only having the car for two years your better with the annual subscription, Tracker charge £99 per year and Tracstar £120.

Hope this helps.

BTW - some insurance companies will give you a certain number of days to get one fitted, but if they're like mine, Direct Line, they won't insure for theft until they have received a copy of the instalation certificate