ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

small dilemma of previous scoob

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2007, 08:07 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small dilemma of previous scoob

heres the history. had wrx from may 06 to october 06, when i sold it to a garage near me as the engine started knocking. bought a pug diesel and sold it a few weeks later. currently run a uk turbo bought in dec 06. so i have one car only.

but ive recieved two car tax reminders. one for my current scoob and one for the old wrx? wtf. now i sold it to said garage and filled in my part. the guy there ssaid he would sort out the paper work as being then an inexperienced driver i wasnt sure about it. the car was quickly sold on to the garage next door and i have seen the car being driven about by this second owner after me.

what do i do. do i ring up dvla and tell them i dont own this wrx anymore and someone else does, even though i havent any names or addresses (only garage names literally). thing is i dont think i have any sort of reciept for the wrx, and obviously no v5 saying ive sold it as i was told it was taken care of.

the guy i originally sold it too before he sold it on himself is a trust worthy fellow, not dodgy, but the guy that has it now who owns a garage next to him.... well hes a little different.

im thinking he may have deliberatley 'forgotton' so if any speeding or parking fines come across, they would be mine.

im in a muddle as too what to do... got all the wrx details inc number plate ect on reminder tax thing. runs out 31st march so dont want a letter or fine saying its not taxed...

argh!

andy
Old 19 March 2007, 08:17 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Ring up the DVLA and tell them, job done
Old 19 March 2007, 08:51 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Ring up the DVLA and tell them, job done
thats what i was thinking of doing. but im concerned incase they want some sort of proof or address of the supposed new keeper. any ideas or should i play it by ear.

andy
Old 19 March 2007, 09:23 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

write them a letter stating that you are no longer the keeper, no need to provide details of new owner. But until you do this you are liable, onus is on them to find new keeper