Advice needed please!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2007, 09:39 AM
bertie1249
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed please!!

Hi Everyone(first post),
I have been a "silent member" on this forum for quite a while now, and have found this site invaluable, learning quite a bit.
In the not too distant future i will be making my first purchase of an STi. As many others on this site, I am yet to make the final decission as to whether to go for UK STi with PPP or a JDM Model. I have been to web sites at Dicksons of Dunblane ,Graham Walker, Bonasaicars etc etc.At present I am looking for a probably a 54/05 Plate.I believe this i the latter model prior to the hawkeye.My question is:-
When you purchase a JDM
1)does the garage convert the clocks over from kmph to mph, and if so how do they do it?
2) Do they as a matter of course have the ecu re mapped for UK fuel, and if not what are the dissadvantages.Basically does it have to be done?.
I have noticed one at Dicksons of Dunblane and no mention of the above being done?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by bertie1249; 11 March 2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11 March 2007, 10:32 AM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

Dicksons of Dunblane don't remap the cars for uk fuel .They convert speedo from kmh to mph .Fueling wise i run a 05 jdm sti on v-power and millers octane booster .I have still not got round yet for a uk fuel remap .I bought my 05 Jdm sti from Dicksons of Dunblane had a few problems with them the way they fitted the alarm and it caused other problems .My car is sorted now which i sorted my self because there aftercare is rubbish .I would not buy another car from them .It's up to you if want to buy a car from them .There's Brian Downie cars in Aberdenshire who sells newage Jdm sti and there's only Andy F and Wallace Performance who do Ecutek remaps in Scotland .That my opinion of this garage plus you can't test drive the car because it's not been threw a sva.I just checked the car over well ie bodywork ,engine.If i buy another Jdm sti i will check the car over after alarms and tracker are fitted to make sure there is no problems with the car .

Last edited by DIPSY; 11 March 2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11 March 2007, 07:32 PM
bertie1249
Scooby Newbie

Many Thanks for that, do they just reprogramme the clocks?(sorry for the thick question..)
If i do go down the route of a JDM I will probably use powerstation or tsl.