Sponsored by:

Question for anyone with a Maltese import

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2007, 09:04 PM
ScoobyWeb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for anyone with a Maltese import

I have a MY06 Sti from Malta. In the Handbook it states service intervals at 1k, 9k, 28k, 38k, 47k, 56k and so on. Now the service book arrived recently and it states 1k, 3k, 9k, 14k, 19k, 24k, 28k, and so on. However in the service book it has white columns and grey columns with the respective mileage in them. My question is are the ones in the grey columns the minimum service intervals and the ones in the white columns the recommended (extra) service intervals. Is the warranty still intact if I follow the ones in the grey columns only, as they match the ones in the handbook.
I hope you can follow what I have written, anyone had first hand experience of this.

Cheers, Chris.
Old 07 March 2007, 11:25 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Chris, check the attached link for info about this which I got direct from the Subaru Malta. I have a Malta 2005 WRX from Motorpoint.

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ighlight=liaco

Tim.
Old 07 March 2007, 11:32 PM
zaxs1973
Scooby Regular

That's a great piece of information cheers pick mine up in 5 days can't wait, have you done any mods ? Cos i was told today that you can't get the PPP fitted to Malta cars..

Regards Paul from Leeds
Old 08 March 2007, 06:57 AM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWeb
I have a MY06 Sti from Malta. In the Handbook it states service intervals at 1k, 9k, 28k, 38k, 47k, 56k and so on. Now the service book arrived recently and it states 1k, 3k, 9k, 14k, 19k, 24k, 28k, and so on. However in the service book it has white columns and grey columns with the respective mileage in them. My question is are the ones in the grey columns the minimum service intervals and the ones in the white columns the recommended (extra) service intervals. Is the warranty still intact if I follow the ones in the grey columns only, as they match the ones in the handbook.
I hope you can follow what I have written, anyone had first hand experience of this.

Cheers, Chris.

These service intervals are beased on the country of origin of the car, in this case Malta. The service intervals are different due to the different environment and weather conditions of Malta.
Old 08 March 2007, 11:08 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Subaru UK have told me that I only need to follow the service marked with a * to keep warranty valid, its 9k then 10k every other.
Ian
Old 29 May 2007, 09:25 PM
newbiefreddy
Scooby Regular

Hi I'm a bit confused.

Just short of my "1k service" and I'm a little confused if I actually need one.
Post above states 9k miles is this after the 1k or is there no such thing.
I've not recieved my service book yet but the owner's manual states that nothing is required at 1k and 3k for cars in Europe for others areas it states cam belt and idle inspection.

The only time it says the oil and filter should be changed eailier is in severe driving condition e.g. cold weather, repeated short trips, towing etc.

I rang a dealer to enquire and thought I got some guy who was just covering as he sounded a bit confused when I asked him the price for the 1k service his reply was something like "WRX that the turbo version so would proberbly be nice to have the oil changed" this was after I mention an oil change.

1k yes or no? and why does it really need a 1k oil change bit old fasioned isn't it does the filter not trap any bits of crap?

cheers.
Old 29 May 2007, 10:53 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

You must do service no 1 (1000miles) to keep the warranty alive. Then every 9/10000 miles after that or every 12 months - whichever comes first. Tim

Trending Topics

Old 30 May 2007, 05:17 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

The 1k service is to ensure that any micro particles worn off the inside of the engine during the run in period are removed before they cause any damage. Thats why there is a run in period and 1k service, its about £150ish.

Hope this helps

Ian
Old 04 November 2007, 10:39 PM
scotty44
Scooby Regular

Just a quick one on the topic ........ who do you no if its a maltese import or not ? ...Got a issue i need to sort with MY06STI
Old 05 November 2007, 09:09 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scotty44
Just a quick one on the topic ........ who do you no if its a maltese import or not ? ...Got a issue i need to sort with MY06STI
To tell the truth, its easier said than done. If first registered in the UK from new, the documents say its a UK car and doesnt mention Malta. The easiest way is to take a look at the service book, if i remember correctly, it has Malta on it and the first inspection stamp will show Malta.

If you dont have this, i cant think of anything to be honest. The seats can be different, but i have seen UK models with the same seats. The lack of alarm, but just because it may have one it doesnt mean it isnt an import.

Maybe someone else has an idea, whats the problem, if you dont mind me asking?
Old 05 November 2007, 07:25 PM
ScoobyWeb
Scooby Regular

As E.S says, the service book will have the stamp of the supplying dealer, if it is a uk car it will have the type uk badge on the boot lid and it also has stickers and badges elsewhere (can't remember where).
Old 06 November 2007, 12:17 AM
scotty44
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evil.soup
To tell the truth, its easier said than done. If first registered in the UK from new, the documents say its a UK car and doesnt mention Malta. The easiest way is to take a look at the service book, if i remember correctly, it has Malta on it and the first inspection stamp will show Malta.

If you dont have this, i cant think of anything to be honest. The seats can be different, but i have seen UK models with the same seats. The lack of alarm, but just because it may have one it doesnt mean it isnt an import.

Maybe someone else has an idea, whats the problem, if you dont mind me asking?
After digging a little deeper "again" we have found out the car came from Cyprus but reg'ed in the UK ..As for service book thats probley with the spare key iv been waiting for now for over 7 month's ...After a number of emails etc.. to the garage i think we are geting somewhere But time will tell ..... Long story but getting there me thinks
Thanks ES & SW