Sponsored by:

taking hire purchase off someones hands

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2007, 07:34 PM
trigot33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default taking hire purchase off someones hands

Hi fellas. Im looking for a nice scooby the classic version. Now my credit scoring has taken a knock over the last few years unfortunately so buying a car via normal routes is out the question.
What id like to know is, is it possible to take a car off someones hands while its still on hire purchase. There r some folk who have taken out hp agreements but for some reason dont want to continue to pay the lenght of the agreement. Can a deal be knocked out via a solicitor that says the car cannot exchange fully to new owners until the hp has been cleared off or an agreement of that nature. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05 March 2007, 07:36 PM
CasuMarzu
Scooby Regular

I think not as the car usually remains property of the HP company until fully or near fully paid for.
Old 05 March 2007, 08:37 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

as above the car is owned by hp company until fully payed for
they would not allow car to be sold without hp being cleared
Old 05 March 2007, 08:43 PM
jinkus
Scooby Regular

Default HP

I actually own my own car company in Derby and as a result my buiness is a registered Blackhorse aproved dealer (amongst others) so i can shed some light on your question.

Be carefull as what your suggesting is illeagle. The car isnt the property of the person who took out the HP until the finance term has been paid in full.

If you just took on someones payments and he gave you the car and the person who has the finance misses a few payments and it goes down a repo route, they finance company are well within there rights to track the car down and take it off you.

There are many companies out there including my own that not only caters for prime finance customers but also some people who have had a few problems in the past and can soure you finance for your next car. This way your not risking anything and your building your credit score back up as you pay through your agreement.

Hope this helps , if you need any more info feel free to PM me.

Regards

Sean