Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie here - might be buying a WRX - and need a little help :)

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2007, 07:33 PM
Teatowel
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here - might be buying a WRX - and need a little help :)

Hi People!

Firstly, hello! First post here, and I have to say that I'm impressed with the size and scope of the forum here - looks and feels top notch

Right - on to business. I have been offered an 02 plate WRX hatchback (bug eyed) with 50k on the clock for about £8500, which according to Autotrader is about par. It comes fitted with a tracker, but all else is bog standard. It needs the big 50k service. I may well be able to beat the guy down further.

My question is - this will be replacing a CTR (the wife's) and be used as a day to day wagon. My plans for it, if I buy it, would be to replace all the discs to nice shiny grooved ones (DBA make them for Imprezas?), new pads all round (Ferodo?), new tyres all round, and kit it out with the Prodrive pack, and then use it as my second track car (my main car is a 350z ). Is this a realistic car/age/condition to start with, or should I be buying a newer/lower mileage one? I am working on a budget

The other question is: how long do Imprezas last? Ideally I'd like it to see out 150k miles without too much intervention - is this realistic, as a daily runaround combined with 3 or 4 trackdays a year including the ring?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give

Last edited by Teatowel; 28 February 2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: additional info :)
Old 28 February 2007, 07:45 PM
Her at the back
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow loads of information

Welcome