Euro Imports

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2007, 06:21 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro Imports

Hi,

Just a quick question, are Euro imports the same as UK models i.e. engine spec etc all the same?

I know the JDM STi's are a different spec (MY05) but wasn't sure if the euro imports were of a different spec as well.

Thanks in advance,

Fz
Old 18 February 2007, 08:46 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by finalzero
Hi,

Just a quick question, are Euro imports the same as UK models i.e. engine spec etc all the same?

I know the JDM STi's are a different spec (MY05) but wasn't sure if the euro imports were of a different spec as well.

Thanks in advance,

Fz
Euro imports are identical to Uk cars except for locking wheels nuts and a cat one alarm. You even get the same 3 year warranty
Old 18 February 2007, 08:52 PM
Pro Boy
Scooby Regular

dont forget the underseal
Old 18 February 2007, 09:09 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pro Boy
Love to know this lack of underseal comes from !

had two Euro imports - UK spec, all have had exactly same underseal as a car suppied by a UK subaru dealer !

Richard
Old 18 February 2007, 09:37 PM
pj748r
Scooby Regular

Bought mine from Allbrandsnew in July '05,undersealed.I had fitted cat 1 alarm and a tracker,along with a few other extras,was over £5k cheaper than UK car!
Have a search and you'll find all the info you need about buying an import.
Old 19 February 2007, 07:23 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pro Boy
I did ask All brands New about underseal they thought I was mad. I think maybe there is confusion with Jap Imports ? Euro imports are all undersealed.
Massive saving on Subaru dealers prices. WRX with side airbags ( as they are an option in Malta ) £14499 otr 12 mths tax, full 3 year warranty.

Last edited by Sideways; 19 February 2007 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Wrong price
Old 19 February 2007, 08:47 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

A Euro import is the same car as UK and was probably made right next to the cars sold over here. The only difference is as said above. I wouldnt go for one with side airbags because it means the seats have to be wider and they dont hug your body as well as the ones without. Thats just in my opinion though.
Old 19 February 2007, 09:43 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evil.soup
A Euro import is the same car as UK and was probably made right next to the cars sold over here. The only difference is as said above. I wouldnt go for one with side airbags because it means the seats have to be wider and they dont hug your body as well as the ones without. Thats just in my opinion though.

I'm fat though so perfect for me
Old 19 February 2007, 09:51 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Sideways
I'm fat though so perfect for me
Nice one
Old 19 February 2007, 11:05 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

UK cars are easier to part ex when the time comes. So some of the money you saved you will loose at this point.
Old 19 February 2007, 12:01 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
UK cars are easier to part ex when the time comes. So some of the money you saved you will loose at this point.
Well I was at Blackbushe car auctions two weeks ago and a Motorpoint WRX made £15600 ( had their plates on it ) a Subaru dealer bought it, they obviously don't worry unless a private individual wants to P/X as its an excuse to offer them peanuts.
Old 19 February 2007, 12:01 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evil.soup
Nice one
So therefore being fat is safer I believe
Old 19 February 2007, 12:16 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Well I was at Blackbushe car auctions two weeks ago and a Motorpoint WRX made £15600 ( had their plates on it ) a Subaru dealer bought it, they obviously don't worry unless a private individual wants to P/X as its an excuse to offer them peanuts.
If you try to part ex one into a dealer and i'm not strictly talking a Subaru dealer then they will offer you less money, if they make you an offer at all.

It's the same with mods if the car has mods outside of Subaru official extras then often they cant touch it as they cant put their warranty on it.

This is just in my experience though .......
Old 19 February 2007, 12:28 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

So therefore being fat is safer I believe
I see your point
Old 19 February 2007, 01:17 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Euro imports are identical to Uk cars except for locking wheels nuts and a cat one alarm. You even get the same 3 year warranty
and a 5 Year transmission warranty on my Cyprus MY05
Old 19 February 2007, 02:06 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

No tracker or mats either.
Old 19 February 2007, 02:27 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
No tracker or mats either.
No sorry I forgot that but who want a tracker anyway, not me don't want it back and £120 plus a year to run, also there are insurance company's that don't need one.
Old 19 February 2007, 03:24 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

No sorry I forgot that but who want a tracker anyway, not me don't want it back and £120 plus a year to run, also there are insurance company's that don't need one.
Me too! I'm glad it came without. Another drain on the already-crap battery.
Old 19 February 2007, 05:02 PM
sandycam
Scooby Regular

When people are buying these cars, i take it theres no p/x involved? I bought a new wrx last month and went around all the dealers and car supermarkets to get a decent price. In the end it worked out cheaper for me to purchase a car from the subaru dealer! I had an open mind about buying an eu import but there trade in price was slander! The difference in trade in value from motorpoint and a subaru dealer was £2500 and the subaru dealers car was already heavily discounted. So maybe these things aren't as cut and dry as them seem, but maybe it was just that way for me and the dealer might have been very keen to get a sale
Old 19 February 2007, 05:33 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sandycam
When people are buying these cars, i take it theres no p/x involved? I bought a new wrx last month and went around all the dealers and car supermarkets to get a decent price. In the end it worked out cheaper for me to purchase a car from the subaru dealer! I had an open mind about buying an eu import but there trade in price was slander! The difference in trade in value from motorpoint and a subaru dealer was £2500 and the subaru dealers car was already heavily discounted. So maybe these things aren't as cut and dry as them seem, but maybe it was just that way for me and the dealer might have been very keen to get a sale
N/A if you don't already have a car, or one to P/X I always buy private anyway...
Old 19 February 2007, 05:53 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by sandycam
I went to all the dealers i could find to get rid of my last car (MR2 Roadster) and the best p/x deal by far was with all brands new, no one could come close. I suppose it depends on what your putting in and where but it worked out well for me.
Old 19 February 2007, 06:54 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

All brands New quoted me £750 more than any other dealer too, but I've sold on ebay already
Old 19 February 2007, 08:50 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

I think it depends on the day really. Some people seem to get a cracking deal while others seem to go through hell.. which is unfotunate.

I have several options on the table at the moment consisting of a Jap import (due to the higher spec), a euro import or a UK car through my company (work in the automotive industry so get big discounts on cars).

I was going to get the car through my company however my bad luck, we only have the older bug eye models or the newer hawk-eye which I just don't like the look of.

I did some window shopping to see what euro cars are like, I would say half of the traders were able to confirm the euro cars had under seal, alarm, tracker. Only two cars had the DCCD (I was looking at 2005 model STi's).

Not bad stats I say.

Adios,

Fz