Sponsored by:

Stolen!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2007, 01:32 PM
rob2006
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen!!

A little over 3 weeks ago a friend did a straight swap with his 1996 scooby (facelifted to 99 spec with lots of toys) for a Golf 150 TDi (unsure of year as on private plate but i expect 02 plate)

A few days ago they returned with some heavys to "collect a car"

These guys came back in the Scooby with a spare set of keys for the golf.

The parked the scooby in the direction of the entrance out of the front courtyard, left it running and proceeded to take the golf back. My mate only realised as he seen indicators flashing, when he asked what was going on he was told "we're here to pick up the car" and they left with it !!

My mate didn't put up a fight as these guys are drug dealers and are capable of anything... They left the scooby but had he not realised it would have been gone to.

He went to the police - and this amazes me!!! they cant do anything.. aparently it is a civil matter as the DVLA dont have the doc's sitting on their desk saying my mate is the owner of this golf. WTF

So..... i could sell my car to you.... not bother my **** to send off the doc's and a few days later i can come with a spare set of keys and take it back.... ur fcuked and the police aint interested.

Rob.
Old 18 February 2007, 03:49 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like he was bloody lucky if they left the scoob behind. At least he didn't actually lose anything.
Old 18 February 2007, 03:55 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Even in a straight swap deal you should have created some sort of receipt with signatures of the buyer and seller, and maybe even a witness. Even without the official registration documents being processed this would prove a contract of sale and therefore the act of denying possession permanently becomes theft and the Police are obliged to investigate. That's my take on it anyway. Legal bods see fit to correct me.
Old 18 February 2007, 04:06 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Fist things first. I'd get the locks changed on that scoob and park it somewhere secure for a while, they will be back for it

Sounds to me more like the police actually cant be arsed doing anything
Old 18 February 2007, 04:18 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What can the police do?
Your friend has swapped a car for a few weeks without paperwork or money changing hands.
Lets hope your friend doesn't get any speeding tickets landing on his doormat or even any enquiries into why his car was seen at ramraids/robberies etc.

Rather than get upset at the inaction of the poilce, why aren't you slapping this friend around the head for getting mixed up with some dubious characters?
Old 18 February 2007, 04:55 PM
alci
BANNED

HA HA MUPPET
Old 18 February 2007, 05:01 PM
34srm
Scooby Regular

how did he no they were drug dealers, sounds like a load ov sh*t to me

Trending Topics

Old 18 February 2007, 05:46 PM
J_sca001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Fist things first. I'd get the locks changed on that scoob and park it somewhere secure for a while, they will be back for it

Sounds to me more like the police actually cant be arsed doing anything
Usual predjudice

However, it is a very grey area when it comes down to it. Could be deemed as Robbery, Theft or a civil disput. Sorry but it could. Like the man said you should have had a receipt and a witness, if you have i would say it could lean more towards a theft. You only need reasonable suspicion he has committed theft to arrest and interview him. But even if the bloke was arrested, CPS wouldn't touch it. Very little chance of a conviction due to lack of evidence.
Old 18 February 2007, 06:53 PM
rob2006
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Butty
What can the police do?
Your friend has swapped a car for a few weeks without paperwork or money changing hands.
Lets hope your friend doesn't get any speeding tickets landing on his doormat or even any enquiries into why his car was seen at ramraids/robberies etc.

Rather than get upset at the inaction of the poilce, why aren't you slapping this friend around the head for getting mixed up with some dubious characters?
Originally Posted by 34srm
how did he no they were drug dealers, sounds like a load ov sh*t to me
Simple really,

Glasgow Weegie tinks from Invergorden are drug dealers!!!
Old 18 February 2007, 06:57 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

must be more to this story???????????
Old 18 February 2007, 07:14 PM
PeterUK300
Scooby Regular

It could be far more sinister... Scooby may have been used and identified in some kind of illegal act, hence dumping it back on you.................
Old 19 February 2007, 02:11 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J_sca001
Usual predjudice

However, it is a very grey area when it comes down to it. Could be deemed as Robbery, Theft or a civil disput. Sorry but it could. Like the man said you should have had a receipt and a witness, if you have i would say it could lean more towards a theft. You only need reasonable suspicion he has committed theft to arrest and interview him. But even if the bloke was arrested, CPS wouldn't touch it. Very little chance of a conviction due to lack of evidence.
It may be the usual prejudice, but that prejudice has been formed by several personal experiences of Police apathy I'm afraid

I do agree with you about the paperwork though. Without that, it's hearsay at best.