Sponsored by:

South West Owners - Be Vigilant

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2007, 05:22 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South West Owners - Be Vigilant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought it best to come on here and warn you all of a potential problem with theives in and around the area.

My Evo was broken into last Sunday right outside my house. The alarm I believe frightened them off but not before I heard a very loud exhaust screech away at high speed. They had broken a rear quarter light on the drivers side and this was the reason for the alarm going off. I have managed to get the glass repaired etc. BUT I have since heard that during the same night my brother spotted a car pull into his cul de sac very slowly and scout the area......a few minutes later the proximity alarm on his car started to sound. Furthermore there was another guy with an Evo5 on the other side of town who had a dark coloured car with a loud exhaust parked next to it with the occupants checking it out and a customer of a local garage has since told us that an Evo3 owner rushed out when his proximity alarm was going off to find someone running away from the car and jumping into a dark coloured car.

The car in question appears to be a dark coloured Vectra. The car itself is sporting large wheels, body kit and loud exhaust. They have been spotted all over the place just recently and seem to be in the picture everytime something dodgy happens. Now I know it appears that they are after an Evo BUT only today someone with a Scoob has reported a Vectra checking out their car.

I have notified the police and they are purusing things their end.....but I just wanted to make sure you guys don't lose your pride and joy.

If you want to read what has been said so far about this matter then you can do so here:

South West Performance Car :: View topic - Be vigilant guys

Please be in your toes and happy driving

Cheers

Karl
Old 16 February 2007, 05:54 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the tip off mate.

When you say South West, are you talking of Devon area, Wales or maybe both?