Sponsored by:

Not happy with paint job

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2007, 10:50 PM
burtysbugeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not happy with paint job

Where do i start. Ok my other half took my daughter to school 2 weeks ago only to hear a crunch on her way back to the car, some wife in a bmw hit the front wing and scrap the bumper, any she stopped give her details etc etc, and said she was sorry,she then turned round to my wife and said im always hitting parked cars . So phoned my insurance company up etc and they said instead of paying your excess which is £500 and claiming it back, you can go through a company called helphire which will deal with the hole thing with out paying a bean which i shouldnt have to considering i pay enough for insurance. Anyway i had a choice of 3 garges to choose from so i choose benfield in newcastle, dropped the car off and got the hire car, the bloke at the garage said to me i dont agree with these type of cars to be on the road, they should be for the track( What an **** ). So anyway he told me it would be ready in 3 to 5 days so 6 days later no sign of a phone call, so phoned them up it, the bloke picks phone up and says it going in to get painted today and then we need to build it back up so it will be ready for the weekend. 10 days later gets a phone call ok its ready to pick up, so i arrive at the garage to find they have painted half my bumper in not less over spray on it, paint job looks like it has been done from a back street garage and to top it off it looks like when they have been jet washing the car some stupid f***** has pointed the jet wash point blank and taken the lacker off me back door . I told them there is noway im taking the car back like that, i was so f****** p****** off, The excuse for the bumper was that the other insurance company would pay for the full bumper to be painted, so when you look at it one side is cleaming and the other isint, at the end of the day it would be easier to paint the full bumper, im mean they painted the driver door to blend the wing in and the door wasnt damaged so why half a bumper, so the lad at the garage told me he would sort it out. Got home and then gets another phone call from the garage to say that i need to phone this helphire up.
Old 09 February 2007, 02:08 AM
weslad
Scooby Regular

the good "being the paint job required" after the incident should be done properly , ring the insurance up and take pictures of the crappy spray job , tell them that the job that has been done is not satisfactory , im sure somebody on here will be able to point you in the right direction with regards to what to do next.......when a paint job is done on a car the new paint is supposed to be blended in to the old paintwork (hence a proper repair) so if this hasn,t been done then i cant see how they have got a leg to stand on.....
Old 09 February 2007, 02:09 AM
weslad
Scooby Regular

ps tell em you want to take it to another garage.........
Old 09 February 2007, 11:00 AM
ace2000
Scooby Regular

Unbelievable!! it wasn't you fault and you have to go through all this sh*te, at the end of the day you want to be able to pick up your car and it should look like it has never been damaged. i suggest you get back on to them and dont pull any punches Donkeys........(rant over) sorry but it gets youmad ...........Justin.....
Old 09 February 2007, 11:17 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

To be honest I would have walked right away after the "don't agree with these cars on the road" comment. If they're not a petrol head they ain't coming within 100 metres of my car with a spanner...