ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Lancaster's In Pangbourne and my new Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2001, 09:27 PM
Nephilim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Got my new Scooby on Monday and I'm well happy. It's MY99 Silver Turbo (S Reg), very good condition with Aircon and I picked it up for £9,900 which I think is a massive bargain, but anyhow I digress!!

I just wanted to say how utterly fantastic these cars are! I know I'm preaching to the converted and all, but I just don't think Joe Public out there quite understands what a stunning drive they are for the money. I used to own a Sport as a company car and it was a good car, but this thing just totally blows it away.

And how fast? God, it scares the life out of me! Before I got it I thought yea, as soon as I get it I'll fit all sorts of mods to improve the performance, but im not sure if it needs anything! On my way home tonight down the M3, I totally blew away a guy in his nice new Alfa 2.0 T-Spark who wanted a race. I couldn't believe how easy it was to fly past him...The P1 or the Sti cars must be absolutely mad!!! Will I really notice a full free-flow exhaust and inductor kit? I'm sure I will, otherwise people wouldn't sell them, but I can't believe it can get much better than this

On a seperate topic, I used to get my old Sport serviced by Lancaster's in Pangbourne (near Reading) and always got fantastic service, even though they're pricey (aren't all main dealers?) I just wondered if anyone knows whether they offer discount to SIDC members? I'd like them to perform an interim service on the car (it also needs some stone chips etc. seeing to) and I wondered if they'd give me any discount. I could phone them in the morning, but thought I'd ask anyhow.

Cheers,

Dave.
Old 05 December 2001, 10:34 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I think Lancasters do an SIDC discount...a lot of places do.

Get the scoobysport exhaust system. Don't ask why, just do it.

Old 05 December 2001, 10:44 PM
Nephilim
Scooby Regular

OK and do I really need the downpipe?

Dave
Old 05 December 2001, 11:01 PM
airhead
Scooby Regular

Cool

no plans to mod the car.

mmmmmm. Give it time !!
Old 05 December 2001, 11:40 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

The down pipe is by far the best bit of it!
Old 06 December 2001, 09:33 AM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Speak to Conrad in service.... I have had long chats with him over the last few weeks, about Lancaster being more expensive than most dealers.... and he is prepared to match any quotes that are given.... regardless of SIDC discount... SIDC discount isn't all you can save from these dealers.... just need to ask!

One thing I will say.... I know Andy, Phil, Nick etc... (Lancaster engineers) and they are very good at there jobs.... I'm often in the workshop with them (when my car's there) and they do give a sh*t and take pride in their work i.e. they look after the cars! Which is what we all want!

I have also found Listers in Worcester to be excellent!

Oh if all you want is SIDC discount.... then yes Lancaster do do it!
Old 06 December 2001, 09:44 AM
madras
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the world of grin!

I was the same, when I got my UK MY98, I thought I wouldn't need to modify it - How wrong was I, it's like a drug!

Stop thinking about the Downpipe - just do it! it'll be the best "investment" your'll ever make!

Get ya self along to PowerEngineering and speak to Merv, he'll help you spend some money.

Pete
Old 06 December 2001, 10:12 AM
Robyn
Scooby Regular

Lancasters are good on service offer 10%

just make sure they dont give you a litre bottle of oil and charge you for it. I wont go there now out of priciple. Wish I could but you have to make a stand sometimes.

just like the topping up the windscreen wash fluid taken to the extreme.

Use Mill Lane now. again not cheap but the service is just as good and they dont try and sell you stuff you have not asked for
Old 06 December 2001, 10:48 AM
tony1979
Scooby Regular

Cool

Got my Scoob ('98 Turbo) from Lancasters 6 months ago. Paid £15,500 for it - was owned by a doctor, well looked after, and 10K below the average mileage. Love the car, love the feel of the drive, and the respect! ;-)

I fitted my own BBS alloys, high level spoiler, but I want to colour-code the skirts, wing mirrors, and door handles (hate the black plasticy look.

Obviously my next purchase will be the scoobysport backbox, downpipe and de-cat centre. Can anyone tell me how much this is likely to affect my insurance???

Regards,

Tony Lee.
Old 06 December 2001, 01:02 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Ahem, shameless plug here (but not for me!) - if you're after an interim service & near Pangbourne, have a look at subaru4you (www.subaru4you.co.uk) who is nearby & significantly cheaper. Worth a go, at least!

[edited 'cos I got the URL wrong - twice!]

[Edited by nom - 12/6/2001 1:03:06 PM]

[Edited by nom - 12/6/2001 1:03:49 PM]