ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

sti 5

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2007, 06:28 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti 5

hi guys just sold my 96 wrx to buy a house and decided to leave th ebricks for now as it would stretch my finances a little to far and i would have no life so will be waiting for a pay rise or a better paid job so......

on with another scoob

i have had a my98ppp 02uk wrx and a 96 import wrx so finally was thinking to get a sti 5.

iyho is it worth getting a sti5 type r and spending the extra cash or stick with the normal sti5?

are they any better or realisticly a 2door with a shorter gearing?

and i have heard the horror story that they type r has a tendency to blow engines is this true and is it the same for the normal sti5?

please any pointers on it and advice on what to watch out for would be very helpful

thanks

steve
Old 03 February 2007, 06:35 PM
speedystu
Scooby Regular

Hello m8 have a search on the threads on the search icon and read about engine problems. i had a sti v5 loved every mile but it never loved the wallet,
good luck dude.......................................
Old 03 February 2007, 06:42 PM
Horico
Scooby Regular

Just look around for a good example that has been 'well' looked after and I mean with proof of it...mine was gorgeous but at 52k the engine went...a very expensive hobby.

You may have to wait for a good one to come along but it will be worth it in the end..

Have you thought about a V6 Ltd?? Can't remember the full title now but they're 4 door and look very nice and are rarer too. I'm talking about the one with the blue front seats btw..

Not sure about the type r vs the saloon but isn't the engine the same? For me it was down to the fact that 4 doors is more convenient than 2...

Last edited by Horico; 03 February 2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling