Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I is having a laff............anyone else or is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2001, 05:03 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have been running Toyo's on 17 inch rims for a few months now, and last month I got an unrepairable puncture in one of them and couldn't afford at the time to go spend £200 on a pair of tyres so i thought that i'd go back to my OE 16's booted with the Bridgestone RE010's.

In the damp, they make me howl . Every corner is a giggle without having to do a million MPH. I had me geometry done at TSL and since then, especially on the RE010's the scoob seems to oversteer on demand.

A few notes, I don't drive like a buffoon trying to step the back out where ever I can, I only do it when i know that if it all goes pear shaped, i'm not gonna collect a load of other road users and I never faff around on roads I don't know.

I'm enjoyin' meself on the bridgestones. I know the toyo's are a "safer" tyre, but am i the only one that thinks scoobs are a laff when they are NOT limpet like?

Mikey (Dreading the day when the toyo man comes back )
Old 04 December 2001, 05:11 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dont drive a scoob but I like the car to slide. thats what put me off putting 17s on my integrale (still blown up!), I had an xr4x4 years ago and always regreted that putting big wheels on made it too grippy. 4wd is best fun when it slides (nice big 4 wheel drifts!!!!) fair play to you for using the car as intended just wish I could still do the same. Oh well of to rag the **** off my puma (best handling fwd ever IMHO)

[Edited by paulpalmer - 12/4/2001 5:12:07 PM]

[Edited by paulpalmer - 12/4/2001 5:13:02 PM]
Old 04 December 2001, 05:38 PM
Stephen Read
Scooby Regular

I used to get a wicked (damp roundabout) power (sic) slide out of the Morris Minor 1000 I had as a student - running on crossplys!

Agree the Scoob can be 'boring' on slow roundabouts by comparison.
Old 04 December 2001, 05:49 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

Must be just me then

Anyone else agree with me that sticky scoobs are fun, but in a totally different way to a slippy one

Mikey