edit because I was stoopid

[Edited by mattski2 - 12/4/2001 1:33:41 PM]
Old 04 December 2001, 01:29 PM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi,

I am going to get a tracker and would appear to have a choice of about three different makes/models, NavTrak, Tracker and Rac Trackstar. My last scoob had a non-GPS tracker in it so I am probably going to opt for a GPS-based system.

What do you lot recommend and why? Also... what experience have you had with the thing (hopefully not having to use it in anger!).

ta,
Matt
Old 04 December 2001, 01:31 PM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

Oh... and... what are your thoughts on the GPS based companies sharing Data with, ooh, say the police? i.e. Mr Duggan was travelling at Xmph down this road?

big brother or not?!
Old 04 December 2001, 02:18 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

NavTrak Proactive.
Why? well, it was cheap, well thanks to Puff's deal it was. Plus I had to have a tracker for insurance purposes, plus it had to be proactive.

Think that Navtrak is still cheapest option, but not sure.

I'm happy with it, ok, so I have to do something when I start the car (deliveratly being vauge here, email me if you want to know the truth!) but it's great system, and it does work, have accidentially activated it and NavTrak have within minuites been on to me to confirm if my car is being rallied or wether I've been a ***** and not deactivated the system (usually option b! )

Never used other systems so can't really comment.

note that most ins co's that require a tracker these days will probably require it to be an active rather than passive system.

One other thing, I was, before I had navtrak installed, totally against trackers, not because of the big brother issue, but because if my car gets nicked the ******* will either trash the inside, or crash it, or both, and if it's crashed and not written off and damage is significant then I'm not sure I'd ever be happy with it afterwards, regardless of how professionaly repaired it was, but that's just me. Plus there is the sense of 'someone else' having been in your car without your permission, kinda like someone breaking in and having a good old rummage round your house.
Old 04 December 2001, 02:35 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Subaru UK use RAC trackstar in their P1's and no doubt in the new STI7's so let you work out who they think is best

Tony