Sponsored by:

Unknown badge on my car?

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2007, 07:02 PM
pac3y
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unknown badge on my car?

Alright chaps im new on here Basically ive just bought a wrx sti ppp in silver and im really impressed with the diffrence in power over my civic type r its amazing But on the back of my car under the sti badge it says triple 333 with the triple wrote over the top of the 3s in pink I cant find any info on what this means if anyone can help? Its a 53 reg.

Cheers and thanks

Mark

Last edited by pac3y; 24 January 2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 24 January 2007, 07:06 PM
PPPRob
Scooby Regular

Take a look at TSL website, it sounds like it might be theirs

Old 24 January 2007, 07:19 PM
ScuuBdoo
Scooby Regular

is that what you have?
Old 24 January 2007, 07:24 PM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

I dont know if this is good or bad news for you...

Basically it means your standard sti probably is not a PPP but a 333. That means 333 bhp and torque. If the car ever was PPP'ed they have removed those parts and replaced them with modified bits (exhaust, remap, filter from memory).

Do you have any warranty? If so modified bits might effect any claim!

Bottom line....whatever it is......its bl""dy fast!!!!!!!!
Old 24 January 2007, 07:29 PM
pac3y
Scooby Regular

Thats the one mate You know what it means as ive never seen it on another? Ive just been on a TSL motorsport but i couldn't find any info
Old 24 January 2007, 07:32 PM
ScuuBdoo
Scooby Regular

TSL MOTORSPORT | Subaru Saab Mitsubishi | parts | repair | servicing | performance tuning | UK
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

Try:

TSL MOTORSPORT | Subaru Saab Mitsubishi | parts | repair | servicing | performance tuning | UK

Trending Topics

silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

Hee Hee you beat me to it...probably quicker internet!!!!
Old 25 January 2007, 07:35 AM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

I'd contact TSL with your reg plate to see if the previous owner had the upgrade or just bought the badge.
Old 25 January 2007, 07:47 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

The 333 is a very good upgrade and TSL are very well respected.
Old 25 January 2007, 09:58 AM
pac3y
Scooby Regular

Hmmm thanks for the help ive noticed the car also has a tsl sticker on the rear window also. I will contact them with the reg to sort out the insurance as ive done it as a ppp.

In a way i hope it is a tsl as i dont have any warranty from the dealer because they was selling it on someones behalf. And it would explain its performane its amazing

Failing tsl been able to confirm its one of theres is there anyone in the sheffield or rotherham area that could meet up with me and tell the diffrence? any help would be great as the insurance needs sorting a.s.a.p

Cheers Mark
Old 25 January 2007, 11:35 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pac3y
Failing tsl been able to confirm its one of theres is there anyone in the sheffield or rotherham area that could meet up with me and tell the diffrence? any help would be great as the insurance needs sorting a.s.a.p

Cheers Mark
It tells all here:

Uprated exhaust, panel filter, fuel pump and remap. So essentially, the same as the PPP, but the remap of the ECU is tailored to that car, not a generic one. (Plus you've got around 40bhp more than PPP!)

If you didn't know, you've landed a bargain!
Old 25 January 2007, 11:54 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

have a look in engine bay,should be tsl badge on airbox and green/blue airfilter-this gets upgraded with rest of kit,if very lucky tsl sticker on chargecooler!
if you nip to subaru garage and compare exhausts yours should be a group n with no prodrive marks on it.if car is engine modified check rest of car at subaru dealer for modded brakes/suspension
martin
Old 25 January 2007, 11:55 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
The 333 is a very good upgrade and TSL are very well respected.
still missing it?.maybe one day meet up at ring and compare
martin
Old 25 January 2007, 02:06 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

I used to have TSL333. It looked like this:-

But hey you know that already.

Mine was a STi + PPP + TSL333 remap and cat back TSL group N exhaust.

So if your service book has the PPP certifictae in it, contrary to popular belief TSL may not have binned all the PPP bit's.

Mine retained the High flow prodrive cat, retained the PPP ECu and fuel pump. However TSL did re-map the ECU with a map that was specific to my car!

The difference is that when a PPP kit is fitted the ECU has a generic map which should be suitable for all STi's, however this may not be the case . A STi with PPP should make in the region of approx 300bhp tops and torque will be a similair figure at a push if you are lucky.

Whilst mine did not have the full TSL333 treatment the now lucky owner had it on a rolling road last summer when the ambient air temp was 28oC and the car made 330 bhp and 330 torque so taking into account the air temp it is fair to say that during normal operating conditions the car would have made the quoted figures.

As far as your warranty is concerned I had to have a few things done through subaru and the dealers never batted an eyelid.

You do however have one major issue to sort out *** Insurance *** you will need to notify your insurer that your car ihas infact had the TSL333 traetment has had additional modifications.

If you are insured with a mainstream insurer they will rip the p*ss out of your wallet and charge the earth. Ours was insured through A-Plan insurance and you will find their contact details on this forum if you look in the insurance section. They will generally only be interested in who performed the mods (TSL Motorsport) and what BHP your car has (333 bhp). I am 33 and used to pay £600 per year through A-Plan, however direct line wanted £1700 .

Sort the insurance out - you do not want to be caught with your trousers down should the worst happen .

TSL seem to be generally very well respected for their modifications and I loved ours, the arrival of child No 3 meant we had to sell the car and I still miss it now . Truly awesome bit of kit IMHO.

Oh and just in case you are wondering the TSL333 conversion is far superior to the PPP package . If you get the chance to drive an STI with PPPback to back with your TSL333 you will know what I mean.

The TSL will put it's power and torque down much sooner and keep going right through the rev range whereas a PPP will have a more on / off feel to it.

Enjoy it and rest assured you have a fantastic package all in all .

The guys at TSL are very helpful and I am sure they will let you know everything that has been done.

I am now feeling very depressed, I miss my baby and the sound she used to make when being driven with enthusiasm. Doh I so hate Crazyman (Richard) that bought the car off me .

Enjoy it as I am sure you will.

Kind regards

GB
Old 25 January 2007, 03:04 PM
pac3y
Scooby Regular

Right thanks to everyone for the help ive found a wad of receipts from tsl in the owners handbook for the past three services which have been hiding from me then i came across one which says carried out Ecutek remap and supplied and fitted uprated fuel pump at a cost of £987.01 so i take it mines a ppp but with the tsl extras on but will this make mine 333bhp?

One thing that does bother me is it says 98+ ron petrol must be used at all times is this true?

Now my main question is could i get away with not telling the insurance or would it be wise too? im an honest person and always paid through the roof for insurance as im only 22 and own this beast and a civic type r can these upgrades be traced?

Also I must say to all this car is amazing the noise the performance and handling and tsl sound like they have a good rep so im happy

Cheers Mark

Last edited by pac3y; 25 January 2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 25 January 2007, 03:11 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

You will have to use Super unleaded or Optimax i reckon as its prob been mapped for that fuel.

Mac
Old 25 January 2007, 03:15 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

car wont have a ppp on if its got the 333
Old 25 January 2007, 03:22 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Honesty doesnt pay sometimes but its risk not to tell them..dont tell them and you will be constantly wondering 'will i be covered if it gets nicked or damaged'...tell them and they will probably take your pants down and shove it up you..only you can make the decision.
the other way is ring them up and not disclose who you are and get a quote without mods and then ask them to do it with mods..i was asked to pay an extra £70 by direct line when i changed the wheels from grey to gold
Old 25 January 2007, 04:25 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
car wont have a ppp on if its got the 333
Oh really mine had been PPP'd before having a re-map and Group-N exhaust at TSL.

New owner informs me it made 330bhp with those mods and 330 torque when the ambient temp was around 28 oC, so should p*ss the 333bhp and torque figures when temps are the usual 10 - 15 oC oC. Thats without the TSL firestorm cat fitted .

Not a dig just clarifying that you can have a PPP'd STi that has the re-mapp and exhaust and still make the quoted figures without the TSL Cat.

Their is more than one way to skin a cat

GB
Old 25 January 2007, 04:28 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Yes to the fuel question, you will have to use 98+ ron to get the best out of the car.

If it were me I would declare it to the insurance, but I'm an old fart compared to you.

Oh yes the noise and performance have to be experienced to be fully appreciated.

Regards

GB
Old 25 January 2007, 04:31 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by gingerboy
Oh really mine had been PPP'd before having a re-map and Group-N exhaust at TSL.

New owner informs me it made 330bhp with those mods and 330 torque when the ambient temp was around 28 oC, so should p*ss the 333bhp and torque figures when temps are the usual 10 - 15 oC oC. Thats without the TSL firestorm cat fitted .

Not a dig just clarifying that you can have a PPP'd STi that has the re-mapp and exhaust and still make the quoted figures without the TSL Cat.

Their is more than one way to skin a cat

GB
wasn't talking about figures, if you change the map on the ppp, doesn't it then become a none ppp'd car? aka a tek3 mapped car?
Old 25 January 2007, 05:42 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

If you tell the insurance you have an Sti with 333 map would it be a lower premium than Sti PPP with 333 map. Essentially the PPP part is redundant as it has been upgraded, but I suspect you would be charged more for saying the latter.