Sponsored by:

Blue WRX playing with black ITR on A3 today

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2007, 09:19 PM
angela_itr
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue WRX playing with black ITR on A3 today

Had some fun on the A3 heading away from Portsmouth into Hindhead today with a blue WRX - didn't get the plate but if you read this, you know who you are! I was the girl in the black Honda ITR... think I might've given you the wrong phone number, missed a digit. PM me if you read this
Old 20 January 2007, 09:22 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I'll start it

Pics, etc,

Bristol Cities out, etc

So who won? ITR or WRX? Classic or newage btw?
Old 20 January 2007, 09:28 PM
angela_itr
Scooby Newbie

lol you boys... Just playing really, having a bit of fun. The Teg's not exactly standard ;-) WRX popped a flame a few times

Nice car and the driver was pretty fit too ;-)
Old 20 January 2007, 09:35 PM
Rob82uk
Scooby Regular

classic or newage scooby

out of interest ?
Old 20 January 2007, 09:45 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Whats been done to the Teg? I sold my S2000 just before xmas and have an STI-5. I love the turbo shove but really miss the preciseness of the S2000 and also vtec.
Old 20 January 2007, 11:03 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob82uk
classic or newage scooby

out of interest ?
More to the point, is Angela a classic or a newage ?
Old 20 January 2007, 11:04 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Whats been done to the Teg? I sold my S2000 just before xmas and have an STI-5. I love the turbo shove but really miss the preciseness of the S2000 and also vtec.
Kenny, you're quite right. Preciseness is a great thing.

Trending Topics

Old 20 January 2007, 11:05 PM
angela_itr
Scooby Newbie

cheeky ;-) you shouldn't ask a girl her age. The Teg is boosted...
Old 20 January 2007, 11:44 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by angela_itr
cheeky ;-) you shouldn't ask a girl her age. The Teg is boosted...
LOL. Aint "ageist" anyway. I'm sure you're as much fun as the Teg !

Anyway, pics ( car or girlie )
Old 21 January 2007, 12:47 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

The Teg is boosted...
You stole it!! Pretty out of order!

Hope its a supercharger. A turbo on a teg is sacrilage IMHO.
Old 21 January 2007, 01:35 AM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

Hope its a supercharger. A turbo on a teg is sacrilage IMHO.
Agreed. Hmmm constant increase in power throughout the Vtec rev range without the lag...sounds very very interesting...

any pics of the beast? DC2 or 5?
Old 21 January 2007, 04:29 AM
angela_itr
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by boobiman
Agreed. Hmmm constant increase in power throughout the Vtec rev range without the lag...sounds very very interesting...

any pics of the beast? DC2 or 5?
Its a beautiful beast, turbo and VTEC are made for each other. Bit of lag, enough to get traction but not enough that you're ever caught yawning. Pretty cool spec... its had most of my money for the last few years anyway.

Superchargers are ok, but can't beat the thrills of a turbo

Its 4:30am, I'm drunk and posting on Scoobynet.. what the hell is going on?

Oh by the way I found the driver of the WRX, hadn't given wrong number after all ;-)
Old 21 January 2007, 04:53 AM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Congrats! Guess you could say he is a lucky guy!!

Try 64,000lbs of thrust for a rush!!

Nice wheels BTW.......
Old 21 January 2007, 05:57 AM
95blackWRX
Scooby Regular

you look very cute he is a lucky guy
Old 21 January 2007, 06:26 AM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Sorry, not wanting to be too much of a ****, but do you really want to post a pic of yourself on chav central?

There might be some issues with security after this post, seeing that many of the monkeys on this site do not see a woman too often!!
Old 21 January 2007, 06:47 AM
rabskyline
Scooby Regular

tasty !! nice motor too ! ye'd get it !

sorry ! lost it there for a minute ! dont often see or hear nice girls into their cars as much !! motoring eutopia !
Old 21 January 2007, 07:34 AM
95blackWRX
Scooby Regular

nice motor does it eat up most of ur money like most scoobs do
Old 21 January 2007, 11:30 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Ok first of all you are pretty cute

When it comes to cars each to their own but Turbo's and vtec were NOT made for each other IMHO. Turbo's in comparison to a system like vtec are crude as hell and fitting one to a ITR totally changes its character which is defined by absolutely instant throttle reaction. A supercharger gives progressively more power the higher you rev so it inherently linked to the high-reving nature of vtec cars. They also don't suffer from lag and therefore are a solution more in keeping with the character of the car.

Each to their own though Any idea on performance or power. Done a 1/4er mile for example? What was the trap speed?
Old 21 January 2007, 11:31 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

PS is that an Imola Orange or Yellow S2000 in the background? Mines was imola orange
Old 21 January 2007, 01:02 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

God damn. Why can't there be more chicks like you around my way
Old 21 January 2007, 01:03 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Angela, out of interest, who boosted the Teg for you?

CPL, TDI etc?
Old 21 January 2007, 03:11 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll boost her bloody Teg !!
Old 25 January 2007, 10:52 PM
angela_itr
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by MrRA
Angela, out of interest, who boosted the Teg for you?

CPL, TDI etc?
Wouldn't touch CPL with a barge pole. The original install was done by a guy in Nottingham about 3 years ago, then it was mapped by Mase - the guy from the States, I dunno if word of him has made it over to the Scoob forums. Then about a year and a half ago, I had the block sleeved and built with forged pistons etc in the US, dropped back in the car and then tuned again by Mase.

Does anyone use TDI South? I'm looking for somewhere I can trust to work on it, general maintenance plus whatever else comes up.

In answer to the question, does it take all my money - Yes! They go through phases where they run sweet for miles, then suddenly you're plagued by annoying little things that really **** you off!

The cars always for sale for the right price by the way, if anyone fancies a stupid fwd toy. I love it to bits but have got my heart set on an Elise.

And to MrRa - if there were more chicks like me around your way, you'd be forever being beaten by a girl
Old 25 January 2007, 11:01 PM
angela_itr
Scooby Newbie

Ok first of all you are pretty cute

When it comes to cars each to their own but Turbo's and vtec were NOT made for each other IMHO. Turbo's in comparison to a system like vtec are crude as hell and fitting one to a ITR totally changes its character which is defined by absolutely instant throttle reaction. A supercharger gives progressively more power the higher you rev so it inherently linked to the high-reving nature of vtec cars. They also don't suffer from lag and therefore are a solution more in keeping with the character of the car.

Each to their own though Any idea on performance or power. Done a 1/4er mile for example? What was the trap speed?
Mate - have you ever been in a turbo VTEC? Its not instant throttle reaction, there's a little bit of lag so it starts to spool up at about 4000rpm, which is perfect. VTEC comes in about 5800rpm and then all ****ing hell breaks loose. Which equals fun by the way. Quite a few of my mates have supercharged Hondas and fair play, they are pretty good - nice linear power delivery, but personally I like a bit of noise and excitement as well as sheer power

It was dyno'd at 325 at the wheels at 7500rpm - the dyno had problems beyond that and the car was slipping, so a reasonable guess is somewhere between 350-375bhp seeing as it still redlines at 8700rpm. Thats at 1.2 bar - I just run 8psi mostly though.

I did a couple of 1/4 miles at Pod in it, but I was rubbish at getting it off the mark so embarrassingly my best time was 14.0. However it traps at 112mph so plenty of potential with a bit of practice
Old 25 January 2007, 11:20 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by angela_itr
Its a beautiful beast, turbo and VTEC are made for each other.

Beautiful car, beautiful lass.

Actually, the Teg and CTR were the other two cars I considered when replacing my ageing Prelude 2.2 Vtec. I think either would be great, although having said that I'm delighted with my modded Scoob. It's all good !
Old 25 January 2007, 11:57 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Mate - have you ever been in a turbo VTEC? Its not instant throttle reaction, there's a little bit of lag so it starts to spool up at about 4000rpm, which is perfect. VTEC comes in about 5800rpm and then all ****ing hell breaks loose. Which equals fun by the way. Quite a few of my mates have supercharged Hondas and fair play, they are pretty good - nice linear power delivery, but personally I like a bit of noise and excitement as well as sheer power

It was dyno'd at 325 at the wheels at 7500rpm - the dyno had problems beyond that and the car was slipping, so a reasonable guess is somewhere between 350-375bhp seeing as it still redlines at 8700rpm. Thats at 1.2 bar - I just run 8psi mostly though.

I did a couple of 1/4 miles at Pod in it, but I was rubbish at getting it off the mark so embarrassingly my best time was 14.0. However it traps at 112mph so plenty of potential with a bit of practice
As I said earlier each to their own - I can certainly see the appeal in a 350bhp rocketship.

However, a lot of what you posts only confirms my fears. My S2000 had around 250bhp and 1/4er'd at 13.75 with a 103mph trap. Your time vs trap only demonstrates how useless the big dump of turbo power delivery is. Notwithstanding you blaming your own skill no driver is going to set an exceptional time with that sort of a set up. Of course from a rolling start it'll be a total weapon but I'd guess the large part of the appeal in this car is what it'll do from 60-70mph upwards in a straight-line. I'd imagine that driver for driver in the twisties its no quicker than standard TEG as where you gain in the straights you'll lose out in poise and adjustability in the throttle and those moments when the wheels just light up.

As I said, I do get the appeal. I've been forced to go back to a scooby and now have a 300+bhp STI 5. The turbo shove is very addictive and with the correct launch and gear changes very few cars are faster below 60-70mph. I'd be confident of low 4 second 0-60s for example. But the scooby falls sadly short of the Honda as an overall package and a lot of it is to do with the way the power is delivered - you just don't have the options with a turbo IMHO (getting better though (new 335i for example)). less than 25% throttle = moderate normal driving, 26% throttle = full boost and full acceleration. It's very difficult to get in-between and to make those micro adjustments that you can with a good n/a engine. I can only imagine with 350bhp running through the front wheels it would be even more frustraiting trying to moderate the power in.

I don't want you to think I'm attacking you or your car. I'm not. I do understand why some people would chose to create such a vehicle but I'm simply pointing out that IMHO its largely a one trick pony. That being the case it would have been cheaper to buy an old T5 volvo and tune it up Not a very good image though

I never thought I'd utter these words but there is such a thing as too much power and too much brutal power. I think owning the S2000 really taught me that - it showed me there is a whole other dimension to making progress than fighting your way through a corner and planting the throttle at the first available straight
Old 25 January 2007, 11:58 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Oh, you never answered my question if that S2000 in the background is Orange or Yellow
Old 26 January 2007, 12:00 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

The cars always for sale for the right price by the way, if anyone fancies a stupid fwd toy. I love it to bits but have got my heart set on an Elise.
I'd bet you a night of passion that you'd find even a fairly bog-basic elise a far more enjoyable overall car, despite being a lot slower in a straight line - go for it I say 111R if you can
Old 26 January 2007, 12:10 AM
angela_itr
Scooby Newbie

I take your point.... if I was tracking it and was driving on the limits and constantly trying to improve my time, then I'm sure I would find some of the poise and accuracy has been compromised. I wanted a car that felt and drove like the Teg in terms of handling, balance, ride feel etc... but with more power. I know the Teg's not about straight line speed - but thats what I wanted. I did feel the dilemma of staying closer to the Teg's characteristics by going the s/c route (somehow it seems closer anyway) but on balance, what you get for your money in terms of power, upgradeability, fun and the show off factor the turbo wins hands down.

So on dry roads in the summer, its perfectly driveable on twisty roads - there's no huge wallop of uncontrollable power that has put me in a hedge (yet!). On motorway convoys to Pod and the like, its up there with the skylines and scoobies, and yeah it absolutely loves 4th and 5th gear blasts. I wouldn't play about with it in the wet, but then I am a girl

Re the quarter mile times, it genuinely was down to my lack of practice and not wanting to break the driveshafts. The americans run 11 sec quarter miles all day long in boosted Hondas - admittedly they ARE one-trick ponies, but its possible!

As for the Elise - I fell for the 160S first time I drove one so thats what I'd have. In black of course
Old 26 January 2007, 08:43 AM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

As for the Elise - I fell for the 160S first time I drove one so thats what I'd have. In black of course [/quote]

A lady with superb taste

Image of S1 Sport160 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Quick Reply: Blue WRX playing with black ITR on A3 today