Sponsored by:

YOUR VOTE COUNTS..!!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2007, 07:35 PM
Legacy-GT-Twin-Turbo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation YOUR VOTE COUNTS..!!!

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND SIGN UP.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working Mum who used her car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.
On top of this massive increase in tax you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times.
They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.
If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible.

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy.
Old 16 January 2007, 08:32 PM
jjcodex
Scooby Regular

Done, but you may not have heard that Tony Blair has publicly stated that he doesnt care how many signatures the petition gets, he will disregard it.

Clearly a complete waste of his F**king time setting up the website really!

JJ
Old 16 January 2007, 08:59 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

When was that then? On ewsnight or something?
Old 16 January 2007, 09:52 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Surely this is an invasion of people's privacy being tracked at all times.

We have basic human rights and IMO this is against them. I should be free to go where I want, when I want and not have big brother knowing about it.

This country is turning into a pile of ****.
Old 16 January 2007, 10:24 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MrRA
Surely this is an invasion of people's privacy being tracked at all times.

We have basic human rights and IMO this is against them. I should be free to go where I want, when I want and not have big brother knowing about it.

This country is turning into a pile of ****.
Yep had this discussion a while back with my brother, even if this is implemented with the best intentions, it'll be abused somewhere down the line these thing always are, we're sleep working into a rather scary world with all this surveillance and infringement on our civil liberties thats going on.

As for the tax raising side of it, well if they bleed me any dryer I'm going to have to sell everything and live on the bloomin street! , then there probably try and charge for that!..no hold on actually I'll probably be ok as I wont have a car. ... no car!